The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-10-2011, 06:35 PM   #1
hotrod1
56 - autocross

Brothers Truck Show

If you were lucky enough to attend Brothers Tuck show today you weren't disappointed. I come back so inspired from all the different possibilities and ideas.

It was good to see some of the members of this forum there.
Attached Images

hotrod1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 07:05 PM   #2
chevyrestoguy

Re: Brothers Truck Show

I just got back from the show. What a blast, especially meeting a bunch of guys from this site.

It was a real pleasure meeting you today, hotrod1. There's some great people on this site. It was cool to finally put a face to a screen name.

My build threads:
'55 Chevy: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=247512

'64 C-20: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=446527
chevyrestoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:16 PM   #3
hotrod1
56 - autocross

Yeah, it was great to meet you also.
hotrod1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:26 PM   #4
Dan in Pasadena

I was there afterall. My truck didn't make it but my camera did and I will upload the pix tomorrow. LOTS of really good ideas for small details, I'm STOKED!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:24 AM   #5
Kim57

I made the show and got to meet Chevyrestoguy and nobucks49 (kustombrad). Also ran into Bam again.
As always meeting guys from the board is always a highlight for me.
Kim
Kim57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 03:49 PM   #6
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Hey guys the show was great and it was really nice meeting everyone. It was really cool meeting chevyrestroguy and kustombrad and walking around the show with them. Kim, Bajabob, and hotrod1 its always nice seeing you guys.

Here are some pictures for your enjoyment.

Kabwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:44 PM   #7
jimig1

Kawbe I'm drooling over that first burb you posted
MSRA Member

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, "Where's the self-help section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.
-George Carlin
jimig1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 05:11 PM   #8
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimig1 View Post
Kawbe I'm drooling over that first burb you posted
Man that burb was sweet. Chevyrestoguy and Kustombrad pointed it out to me and told me I had to see it and man was it sweet, pictures does not do it justice.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:53 PM   #9
chevyrestoguy

^^Yeah, that Suburban was incredible. It was so subtle. The color was really easy on the eye, and you could easily walk right past it and never notice it.

It was just the way I like 'em. The more you looked at, the more you saw. The fabrication work was outstanding, the paint was flawless, the interior was really simple, but covered in just the right shade of leather. The dash had been woodgrained by a buddy of Brads named Phil Whetstone, and it was perfect. I'm curious how it placed in the judging.

Bam-
Did you get any pictures of the green 1950 Chevy with the black fenders? That thing should have been on a rotissierre. The bottom of that truck was nicer than the top of almost every other truck there. Top notch fab work. I plan on stealing some of the ideas from that truck. It had the coolest ignition key.....it was cut down and disguised as one of the dash knobs. Slick!

My build threads:

Old 07-11-2011, 08:22 PM   #10
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Hey Chevyrestroguy,
These are not the pics I took mine were horrible.lol But I found pics of the truck you were talking about on the net to share with everyone. Once again pics do not do this truck justice. By the way guys Bam is my nickname that's why I'm responding to Chevyrestroguy's question.

Chevyrestroguy,
After we left brothers truck show we stop to hang out at fuddruckers in Lakewood a buddy of mine runs the meet and greet out there so I stop to say hello and saw these rides. I know it’s a ford in there but the paint was just so nice I had to post.lol I did not stay long and it was just getting started so I'm sure a lot more cars came. Actually when we were leaving we noticed some of the brother truck show trucks started pulling in, so if you are ever in Lakewood around 2 o'clock on Sunday stop by Fuddruckers. Really nice guys with nice rides hang out there.

Last edited by Kabwe; 07-12-2011 at 05:51 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:33 PM   #11
Kid

thanks for sharing the pics guys. I would love to live in Cali. so I could see all these georgous trucks (& suburbans) in person.
Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:03 AM   #12
youngrodder

Kabwe-

The Suburban was built by a friend of mine (Wayne). I followed the whole build as he would send me updates. A cool back story is that he surprised the couple that he was building it for by having it finished and displayed at the GNRS (Grand National Roadster show). They were at the show and unexpectedly walked right up on their finished burb....It took some awards that day and more at every show it has entered since.

Wayne is a talented and great guy.

Marc

1948 Chevy Truck - Finished SOLD!!

1953 Chevy Suburban "Family Truckster" Completed: Spring of 2021
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=605484

1994 4x4 Blazer - "Field Find"
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...ferrerid=30857
youngrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:28 AM   #13
Kim57

Kabwe
Thanks for posting the pics. There were lots of nice trucks at the show.
Kim
Kim57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:34 AM   #14
chevyrestoguy

Yeah....that's the green truck! Those are older pictures because it now has steel wheels and hubcaps. Those pictures definately show some of the detail and workmanship. On my earlier post, I commented on the underside of it, and you can see it in the picture. Amazing, it was like there was no part of that truck that wasn't massaged in some way. And the ignition key.....check out the picture of the dash. The knob just to the right and below the right hand gauge is the key. You can remove it, and it's a short key with a knob on the end. It was loaded with very subtle, clean mods that don't jump out at you. Very understated and classy.

Oh man, that '56 F-100 is nice. I know, I know, this is a Chevy truck site, but I'll admit that I think the '56 F-100 is a beautiful design. They are only ones of the iconic '53-56 F-100 style with the wrap-around windshield and available wrap around rear window.

My build threads:

Old 07-12-2011, 11:38 AM   #15
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngrodder View Post
Kabwe-

The Suburban was built by a friend of mine (Wayne). I followed the whole build as he would send me updates. A cool back story is that he surprised the couple that he was building it for by having it finished and displayed at the GNRS (Grand National Roadster show). They were at the show and unexpectedly walked right up on their finished burb....It took some awards that day and more at every show it has entered since.

Wayne is a talented and great guy.

Marc
Well man your friend does great work because that burb was off the chain. The owner was cool he asked me if I had any questions and I said no just a statment "Beautiful". He told me he has a jar on the front seat to help recoup some of the money he has in it.lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim57 View Post
Kabwe
Thanks for posting the pics. There were lots of nice trucks at the show.
Kim
Kim you are welcome and it was great seeing and talking to you again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyrestoguy View Post
Yeah....that's the green truck! Those are older pictures because it now has steel wheels and hubcaps.

Oh man, that '56 F-100 is nice. I know, I know, this is a Chevy truck site, but I'll admit that I think the '56 F-100 is a beautiful design. They are only ones of the iconic '53-56 F-100 style with the wrap-around windshield and available wrap around rear window.
You are correct older pics but much better than the ones I took at brothers it looks better with the steel wheels and hubcaps in my opinion, but the truck is amazing.

I agree with you on the 56 F-100 body style with the wrap-around windshield its a beautiful truck, but than again I'm a complete car nut so what do I know. I just love old cars and trucks.

Last edited by Kabwe; 07-12-2011 at 05:54 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:31 PM   #16
Dan in Pasadena

Here are some pictures I took. Some are kinda random because they're pictures of small details I wanted to record for my possible future use.

Kabwe, I THINK I saw you but I only know you from a couple random shots of yourself contained in an old thread. I didn't want to walk up to someone and say, "Hey, are you "Kabwe?"... just because they were African American. If it HAD'NT been you the guy woulda thought I was nuts and said, "What the hell's a 'Kabwe' and why are you calling me that?!

Anyway, pic's. This one WOWED me. Owner said it was 1936 Ford Cordoba Tan and had WheelSmith powder coated rims, but he didn't know the color name. LOVED this Sub!

55 Panel in '62 Chevy Seafoam Green. I REALLY liked this especially with the painted-to-match steelies. Elegant in my opinion.

I've got a bunch more but gotta run for now. If you want more just chime in and I'll post. These are just color ideas for my own truck later.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:55 PM   #17
Red Foreman

The tan Suburban & green Panel truck have done it for me, there totally awesome! I could not pick anything differnt I would do if they were mine, great builds & exellent taste! More pictures please!
Red Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:23 PM   #18
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Great pics guys! Keep em coming if you have them.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:26 PM   #19
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
Here are some pictures I took. Some are kinda random because they're pictures of small details I wanted to record for my possible future use.

Kabwe, I THINK I saw you but I only know you from a couple random shots of yourself contained in an old thread. I didn't want to walk up to someone and say, "Hey, are you "Kabwe?"... just because they were African American. If it HAD'NT been you the guy woulda thought I was nuts and said, "What the hell's a 'Kabwe' and why are you calling me that?!

Anyway, pic's. This one WOWED me. Owner said it was 1936 Ford Cordoba Tan and had WheelSmith powder coated rims, but he didn't know the color name. LOVED this Sub!
Man you should have said something if you thought it was me. All the guy could have said was its not me. You mean to tell me I'm black! African American! I did not notice.lol

Man I know I'm African American so why wouldn't you. I would have like to have met you, we were probably standing right next to each other. Chevyrestroguy and I exchanged numbers before the show and he told me he saw me and thought it was me so he called and he was right I was standing right next to him.lol It was great meeting him and his buddy Brad (kustombrad) great guys. I met kim57, hotrod1, tri5nerd, Cal58GMC, Mylow53, and Bajabob in past years and all of them are really cool guys.

Yeah the burb was it for me, it my favorite. Oh it was a really nice rootbeer brown and white 64 or 65 with 18 inch rallys. I should have taken pics but I was too busy running my mouth, so if anyone has pics of it please post.

Last edited by Kabwe; 07-12-2011 at 05:42 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:33 PM   #20
tmoble

Dan in Pasadena

Was that green panel really that light colored? I'm about to settle on that same color scheme for my truck but that looks a lot lighter than other trucks I've that were that Seafoam green color. Maybe it was darker in the 50s?

Anybody know if that's Nomad upholstery? or maybe some Cameo deal?
tmoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:56 PM   #21
Dan in Pasadena

Kabwe,
Ha ha, you're right. I should have walked over and asked if you were the guy on the 67-72 board? I just didn't want to offend anyone.

I told my son-in-law Sunday afternoon I had seen a couple of guys at the show that I thought were board members but I felt weird about just walking up to them. He asked why and I said, "...well because this one guy on the board is a black guy and there weren't a lot of black guys there so I didn't want him thinking I only recognized him because of that. But he's a kickass fabricator and I wanted to ask him some dumb questions about rust repair and such..."

He said, "...uh huh...'ya know what?, I'm pretty sure HE knew better than you that there weren't that many black guys there and he wouldn't have minded at all". My son in law is black and he was right of course. Again, my bad. Next show I know we're both going to, I'm going looking for you, I promise...and you may come to regret suggesting it!

Okay, enough of that. MORE pic's, that's what we need

This one just because it gave me a chuckle when I read it:

This was SUCH a kickass nice restoration on a COE but there were so many guys around it that THIS is as close to a clear shot as I ever got:

Old 07-12-2011, 11:04 PM   #22
Dan in Pasadena

Some general shots for you non-SoCal guys and these are a FRACTION of the trucks at the show. It was great.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:31 PM   #23
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Dan,

Do you by any chance have pics of that rootbeer brown and white 64 or 65 chevy truck? That thing was sweet.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:27 AM   #24
Dan in Pasadena

No, I don't but I know exactly which one you're talking about. It was a long bed and was on the cover of Classic Trucks a couple months ago. So damn sweeet!
Old 07-13-2011, 12:34 AM   #25
Dan in Pasadena

Found these pictures of it on the Classic trucks magazine website. There are more if you go over there:

http://www.classictrucks.com/feature...c10/index.html
Attached Images