The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2011, 09:24 PM   #1
VA72C10
VA72C10

1972 Cheyenne Super Short Fleet Big Block build!

I've been asked by several people to start this so here it goes....This is my newest project...a 72 Cheyenne Super Short fleet with a 402 big block!

It was in fact originally a LWB but it is a true Cheyenne Super. It has the cheyenne super, bb, etc codes on the SPID. It has the right things (woodgrain glovebox, door panels, and dash, cargo light, headliner, bucket seat supports, high hump for the BB, screw holes for the carpet gas tank cover, etc....

It was converted using the leafs (also on the spid) and posi rear (on the spid) onto a shortbed frame because the longbed frame had tweaked frame horns. It has the correct 72BB mounts. A 402 with a TH400 (30K on rebuild on both and very clean inside the engine)

Original options are super high as seen on the SPID. The buckets/console, tach and AM/FM are long gone....but the rest is there. And I have the buckets/console and tach....and plan to get an AM/FM.

Right now it's a cab mounted to a painted frame with rally wheels. NOS core support with aftermarket fenders(already sold) (I will put good originals on). Pass door rust free drivers has slight bubbles in outer skin but great otherwise. Will need cab corners, 2 cab mounts, inner and outer rockers, and two spots on the floor fixed. It has NO bed right now....but one will be here in the morning!!!

Here are the pictures I took when I went to look at it

Last edited by VA72C10; 02-19-2011 at 09:28 PM.
VA72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote