The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 07+ Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-11-2023, 08:25 AM   #1
MJN

2017 Yukon XL pulls to the right

Picked up a used 2017 Yukon XL this spring with just over 130,000 miles. Previous one owner, had damage to the left rear quarter panel that had been fixed but nothing reported to insurance/carfax/autocheck/etc. The tires were wearing uneven showing toe wear and would drift to the right while driving. I figured I would run those tires until fall since they still had plenty of tread and then get new tires and alignment. Early July I noticed the right front was worn severely and tires were needed asap. New tires and alignment were done but the truck still pulled to the right. I had a second shop check it, they aligned it and calibrated the steering sensor but still pulls to the right. Yesterday I had my local dealer check it, they did a four wheel alignment, checked front and rear suspension and all was found within spec. They swapped front tires side to side and rotated tires as well, then checked all brakes, calipers, slide pins, still pulls to the right. The dealer contacted GM tech service and disconnected power to the power steering and test drove, still pulls. Now they're saying it could be a balljoint or wheel bearing MIGHT be the problem. So I brought it home for the time being before throwing parts at it. I'm still thinking its chassis/frame related but I'm running out of ideas on this one and there aren't any frame/chassis shops close by. Other than the pull to the right it rides and drives fine, no bump steer or loose feeling, clunks or wanting to jump lanes when you hit a bump. I've followed behind while my wife drove it and it does not appear to be dog tracking either. Any other thoughts here on what I should check?
'72 GMC Sierra Custom K2500- in progress
'08 GMC Envoy Denali
'12 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali
'17 GMC Yukon XL
VCCA member #58596
http://www.nohrco.com
MJN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 09:10 AM   #2
MJN

Re: 2017 Yukon XL pulls to the right

So after the three other shops did alignments I took it to another shop last week that was recommended by a co-worker. Just got the Yukon back yesterday and they aligned it and it no longer pulls. They didn't replace any parts, just aligned it and said whoever aligned it before didn't know what they were doing. Just glad it wasn't more serious like a frame issue.
'72 GMC Sierra Custom K2500- in progress
'08 GMC Envoy Denali
'12 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali
'17 GMC Yukon XL
VCCA member #58596
http://www.nohrco.com
MJN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 10:55 AM   #3
Getter-Done

Re: 2017 Yukon XL pulls to the right

Good to Hear
63 Impala (my high school car)