The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-2022, 05:18 PM   #1
Benchracer

Project Build Your Wife Her Truck

Several people have reached out with encouragement to create a build thread. I have read, followed many on here in the last few months. I have seen some really cool stuff, learned a lot and gotten some great inspiration. Like everything with this truck, it's all unfamiliar territory. However, I am REALLY good about compiling volumes of material on what NOT to do in many areas. So, why not here as well. If I can help 1 person with something and document the journey, it will all be worth it right?

I cannot promise the frequency or cadence to the updates so please excuse any delayed responses.

I invite you to follow along and to please provide constructive advice along the way.

From my original Introduction post:

I've been soaking up a lot of great tech and ideas on the Forum for a while now. Glad to see all the content! The time has come to dive into our truck.

1971 C-10 Custom
Auto
Factory A/C
92,000 miles

Backstory: This was a handed down family vehicle from a dear friend. This was her "grandad's wood truck". He would drive it to the woods every weekend. Cut wood all day and haul it back for the family to use for living, heating and cooking. It was passed down a few generations but stopped running one day. It sat in a driveway for a year before the family pushed in into the garage. We found it 25 years later still in the garage! We brought it home a few years later.

It has sat in our shop for over 5 years. My wife has claimed it so, let me be clear: This is her truck. I have been reading, learning and preparing for the day that we can dive into this. Due to some unfortunate circumstances, my Bronco was totaled. We are using the insurance settlement to get this on the road. Super Excited!!

I have lots of ideas and the search is my favorite tool here.

Plans: As minimal restoration as possible (only fix what is broken). Get it driving, work on the mechanical stuff as it breaks or needs attention. The cab corners and rockers are already scheduled for later this summer. Until then, I will be working to get it running and driving. Drive it all the time.
Attached Images