The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > Heavy Haulers

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-18-2020, 08:09 PM   #26
STPETEBLUE

Re: Help with 22.5 Wheels/Tire size

Quote:
Originally Posted by factorystock View Post
Yeah it's an old thread, but common problem with c50's. Not mine, here is the ideal donor. Has all 6 ( 5-10 pattern ) 22.5" solid wheels.https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/6125852123.html
Any idea what this truck was so we can be looking for replacement wheels, too?
STPETEBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 12:39 AM   #27
jumpsoffrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by STPETEBLUE View Post
Any idea what this truck was so we can be looking for replacement wheels, too?
Most manufacturers offered factory 22.5" tubeless rims as a very rare factory option. Or you can find fairly rare vintage Accurride 28160's. These were discontinued several years ago and today from wholesalers are still valuable. Very rarely you can find them from someone who doesn't know what they have for a good deal.

Lastly you can shell out about $260 per wheel for "wheelsnow" repro 28160 wheels. They look funny, are about 20 lbs. heavier per wheel, but they work. That's what I have. I am happy as far as them doing their job. I am very unhappy that if only I had known(an had my project running) 5-8 years earlier I could have gotten a used set of real accurride's for the price of ONE new repro.....And the wheels would be lighter and not look funny.

jumpsoffrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 08:53 AM   #28
STPETEBLUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpsoffrock View Post
Most manufacturers offered factory 22.5" tubeless rims as a very rare factory option. Or you can find fairly rare vintage Accurride 28160's. These were discontinued several years ago and today from wholesalers are still valuable. Very rarely you can find them from someone who doesn't know what they have for a good deal.

Lastly you can shell out about $260 per wheel for "wheelsnow" repro 28160 wheels. They look funny, are about 20 lbs. heavier per wheel, but they work. That's what I have. I am happy as far as them doing their job. I am very unhappy that if only I had known(an had my project running) 5-8 years earlier I could have gotten a used set of real accurride's for the price of ONE new repro.....And the wheels would be lighter and not look funny.

There are only two places that I have found that have the rim size, width, hub bore and bolt pattern for my truck. The ones you have from Wheels Now (WN28160J) and some other company whose name I didn't bother to remember (because their wheels were $477 each!).

The WN28160J wheels are more of a European design, styled more like what you might see on an Isuzu or Hino truck. I was still gasping for breath when I saw the $225 price, then they quoted me $345 to make, in house, the wheel that resembles what comes on our trucks.

Looks like I am hoping my widow makers will clean up so they can be re-used.
STPETEBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote