The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Paint & Bodywork

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-13-2021, 10:44 AM   #1
Madspeed

Crew cab diy kit? Would you buy it ?

So I was going to have Rc fab build me a 4 door crewcab years ago. at that time it was 12 k w my cabs.... I could not wrangle the money untill 2 years later. Now its 15 k. Ok lemme get that figured out. I call back to send it off and NOPE were only doing full builds sorry.. Im not having them build me some cummins crap. I have a twin turbo LB7 w allison combo already fabbed into a 72 I think they do great work just not what I want. Not many have the talents to make a duramax allison run and add abs to the old girl..

FFW to today i call back to see if they have decided to do cabs again. Yep says the kid" Lemme check with the owner Ill call back tomorrow. 2today as there was no call next day. i call back and its 35k for a cab and they wont let me bring my own... SO F IT. what if I have the B pillar scanned and flipped. build a hydro forming mold for the B pillar. Make the striker plates and some other crap you need and sell it as a DIY kit? how many do you think I could sell? Reply with your guys thoughts I might progress forward and sell some B pillar kits..
Old 05-13-2021, 01:02 PM   #2
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Re: Crew cab diy kit? Would you buy it ?

First off Cummins crap. LMAO! Second, there is a guy named Brandon Sisco that owns Sisco fab. He is located in Liberty Hill Texas. He builds 4 door cabs and will do complete builds as well. He even offers a kit for the LH b pillar that can be pre welded or you weld it. Look him up on FB or IG. I couldn't believe how much Randall was getting for bare crew cabs and he wouldn't let them go without the body work being done. I'll just leave that alone....
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.

Last edited by Dieselwrencher; 05-13-2021 at 01:26 PM.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 01:57 PM   #3
mongocanfly
Post Whore

Without stating a yr model...I'm just assume that by your signature that your talking 67-72s..?..
Not sure what the cost would be involved in making molds and jigs and such to fab up a kit..
But I honestly dont think the market would be very big for that to ever pay dividends..
Its interesting though...

RIP Dad
RIP Jesse

1981 C30 LQ9 NV4500..http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=753598
Mongos AD- LS3 TR6060...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...34#post8522334
Columbus..the 1957 IH 4x4...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...63#post8082563
2023 Chevy Z71..daily driver
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 04:53 PM   #4
Madspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
First off Cummins crap. LMAO! Second, there is a guy named Brandon Sisco that owns Sisco fab. He is located in Liberty Hill Texas. He builds 4 door cabs and will do complete builds as well. He even offers a kit for the LH b pillar that can be pre welded or you weld it. Look him up on FB or IG. I couldn't believe how much Randall was getting for bare crew cabs and he wouldn't let them go without the body work being done. I'll just leave that alone....
Yep I think if you run a cummins youve got zero talent. Thats antiquated ****. cant tune it very well and the list goes on. I run Duramaxes everything because Im talented enough to do some sick electrical. But anyways Thank you for the information Ill check him out...I have to many projects to workon building a cab. Im gettting older and want to drive them.. Actually im going into the for sale section next to post this duramax swapped 72 lb 3500 4x4 ive been building.
Old 01-30-2022, 01:19 AM   #5
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Zero talent.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote