The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-30-2001, 06:37 PM   #1
johnymac

Question Lowering truck with coil springs.

I wrote a while back about lowering my truck with dropped spindles. But, after buying the truck and putting a new motor in it, in which I got about 11 grand into it now. I have decided to drop the truck with just new shocks and coil springs.
The truck was dropped with springs, but the were heated and twisted, so I am told. In fact one side sits lower than the other, one side has more coils.
Anyway, I am looking for a 3/6 drop. Has anyone done this? Does the truck handle better? Can anyone suggest a good shock or coil spring?

Any help would be appreciated.
johnymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2001, 07:14 PM   #2
BadAzz70PU
Long Lost Member

My truck has a 3/6 drop on it. I used front coils from Brothers (I think GMCPaul sells the same brand as brothers) but mine has leafs in the rear so I cant help you out there. The coils in the front are great, they seem to be stiffer than stock and make the truck handle a little better. They also dont allow the truck to bottom out the suspension like cut coils do.

Here is a pic of the 3/6 drop on my truck:

There are more pics in the link in my sig.

------------------
Tony
1970 C10 LWB
-Worked 350
-Dropped 3/6
-Tangier Orange Paint
Visit my Web Site: www.low70.com
College student at Clemson (SC)
Home in Langhorne Pa
I am also taking suggestions on what to do to my truck next.
Instant message me on AIM at MilkMe131

Web Site
1995 Eclipse GSX
-15.46 @ 88mph (stock, not for long)
College student at Clemson (SC)
Home in Langhorne Pa
BadAzz70PU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2001, 10:47 AM   #3
chaptr2

Cool

Johnymac, I would talk to one of the venders on this board. With my experience ED at www.mothertruckers.net has exceptional knowledge, great prices, and customer satisfaction is A+++. GMCPaul at www.gmcpaulstruckparts.com this guy is on the ball, he has the same great prices, and never hesitated to help me out (even though I didn't buy anything from him, yet). Also CPNE (Jeff) you can email him at jjesseman@landmarknet.net. Wess Hepp is another one to buy stuff from, www.classicheartbeat.com . These guys buy from all the big name companies that you and I normally go to and sell it to us for a better (lower) cost. Please check with them before you buy anything from any vender. Oh some of them have monthly sales on parts. Who knows this month might be springs? Hope this helps on your suspension dilemma.

[This message has been edited by chaptr2 (edited 05-01-2001).]

70 GMC Short box stepside Blown 388 Stroker
72 K/5 Blazer 350/SM465/205
chaptr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2001, 11:35 PM   #4
hardroller

Thumbs up

I am not a sales person for this company but a pleased customer. Try Early Classic Enterprises located on the web at www.earlyclassic.com, these guys are great in the tech help department. They have top of the line suspension products. My 68 shorty has a 4/6 drop with spindles and a super tracking up grade in the rear on coil springs. This may be of some help to you.
hardroller is offline   Reply With Quote