The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading > 4x4 Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2013, 07:24 PM   #11
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

Last night i researched the factory service manual on the stock proportioning valves and found a pic with a stock valve that looked identical to my stock valve but with the exception that it had the extra forward port on the 45 angled surface just like the one i got from Inline Tube, that port and the one on the bottom are both front brake ports in the pic. I called Inline Tube today and talked to them about the extra port on my proportioning valve and they said that was the only one they carry for a rear disk conversion (and some other applications) and he agreed with me that the port in question is a front port along with the forward bottom port which feeds my front brakes, he said it would be fine to plug that port and that would feed all the volume and pressure from both ports to the other port on the bottom. So i ran to an auto parts store and found the proper 3/8 NF inverted taper plug.

I also prepped and primed my power booster and painted the master cylinder today, just used cast iron grey on the master cylinder, i will paint the booster black, or maybe i should just use up the can of cast iron paint?

I am debating on running some new rear steel brake lines to the calipers to the single flex hose instead of reusing the old stuff, not sure just yet. My stock rear steel lines have a coil spring like shield slipped over them the full length, in a couple places it was mucked on pretty tight with 40 years of crap, I cut the outer flair nuts off which needs to be done for the disk conversion and got the spring like covers worked off and are now in a bath of CLR

I spent some time under my truck today working on removing the front flex hoses from the frame, with the headers its one tight son of a gun! I finally got the passenger side off but i was fighting existing brake lines as well as the rear gas tank line i ran up to the fuel pump, i was finally able to get it off after struggling for about 1 hour, between the tight space, my hand cramping up and limited vision it was just a bear, my right thumb is still cramping just typing this.. but the other side should go quicker.

Had to wrap up and head off to work..

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote