The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2021, 10:45 PM   #1
jocko

Hmm. Strange symptoms.. (2001 2500HD - ding ding ding)

Went out to my 01 2500HD the other day - and the fob didn't unlock or blink the lights. Got in, turned the key, nothing. Hmm.. Batt is <3 months old. BUT, noticed when I removed the key and got out of the truck and closed the door - a constant ding ding ding went off in the interior - a different ding tone than I've ever heard before.. would not stop though, even when I got back in and turned on the key or even after removing the key and I got back out.. Didn't have time to troubleshoot, was running late for work, so jumped in the 'ol faithful (the other 2001 with almost 300k on it) and of course it started right up. Will go look at it in the morning, but has anyone ever this type of symptom? With the new batt and the way it was acting, I'm thinking security system may have been set off or something. Weird... Looking fwd to digging into it in the morning. Could be the ignition chime ground got bent or something... Wondering if it's been tampered with, was sitting for a few weeks. Hmm.

Last edited by jocko; 05-13-2021 at 10:53 PM.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote