The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-08-2011, 11:42 PM   #26
jocko

Re: 1962 GMC 4x4 Carryall

but then again, you'd be sleeping on seats worth $1800-2000... That's worth more than the sack o hammers I sleep on.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:01 AM   #27
zinkypoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
Maybe try this "pitch" with the wife - show her this thread and how it's EASILY worth what the guy is asking - and say you'll re-sell it for a profit. Suburbans are like puppies, wives fall in love with them once they are home. Next thing you know, you have a new truck and it looks like it was the spousal unit's idea to keep it!

But then again, I'm no longer married....
Well since you are no longer married. Maybe you should snag this since you won't have to sleep in it. Ridgercrest isn't that far from S.B.
zinkypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:06 AM   #28
jocko

Ha! I'm a fleetside sorta bloke. And I love spending other people's money. Actually, the real reason I don't buy it is because I move every few years - and every time I move, I rack up about $4k in transpo bills because I can't get all my projects from coast to coast. So am down to 1 bike, 1 truck, and 1 daily driver right now. Just can't afford more til I stop movin! Drives me nuts setting up a new garage every time I move. Really sweet right now, have a 3-car garage. But then again, I just moved from a 1-car 3 story townhouse not too long ago. All I could do there was stare at the bike in the garage and store the truck outside - forget workin on it. Was not an ideal location for the addiction.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:09 AM   #29
zinkypoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinkypoo View Post
Just found 1962 GMC 4x4 Carryall/Surburban. 100% original, 1 owner and seems to run well. It has a working PTO winch that I was told is a factory special-order item. The seller is asking $2,500. Any thoughts as to how rare this vehicle is? Or what it may be worth?
I am really starting to hate this truck. I know nothing about old trucks or what they are worth. I do not have the means, or the knowledge, or the skill, to fix the truck up. This is a friend of mine's grandfather's truck. He has fallen on hard times & really needs to sell it. I found this website by accident, while trying to research this vehicle. I thought I might buy it in ordrer to make a couple of bucks, but my wife is driving me crazy at the thought of me buying it, and the amount of time I have been spending on the computer.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:12 AM   #30
zinkypoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinkypoo View Post
If I buy this, I will probably wind up sleeping in it. Plus I don't have the means to fix it up. Maybe you should snag it, Menifee is only 20-30 minutes from S.B.
I am really starting to hate this truck. I know nothing about old trucks or what they are worth. I do not have the means, or the knowledge, or the skill, to fix the truck up. This is a friend of mine's grandfather's truck. He has fallen on hard times & really needs to sell it. I found this website by accident, while trying to research this vehicle. I thought I might buy it in ordrer to make a couple of bucks, but my wife is driving me crazy at the thought of me buying it, and the amount of time I have been spending on the computer.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:14 AM   #31
zinkypoo

Old 08-09-2011, 01:25 AM   #32
zinkypoo

Will cosider a trade for a pistol and a shovel. JUST KIDDING!!!