The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-19-2021, 03:40 PM   #26
k-nuts

Re: Soft topper installed/review

Only a few bedrail bolts lined up on my 70. They told me you only need a few. But I need to drill the L bracket to add a couple more as it does pull up a little on the back. Yes, Drill the bracket and use your existing bed holes.
I also had little trouble With The passenger side upper triangle bracket hitting the door frame before closing. And the header piece didn’t seem to follow the contour of the windshield header. But once it was centered and start screwing it down, it went into place. Just didn’t seem right when holding it up there. I have the newer version w no snaps on the header.
k-nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 10:40 AM   #27
CJM72

Quote:
Originally Posted by txagincali View Post
TheAlien, I finally received my softopper top a few weeks ago after I ordered mine in July. I am having the same issues with the L-brackets on the bedrail not having the correct holes in place to line up. After 3+ weeks of trying to get responses from the company (takes 1 week for email replies and 5 days for phone call responses) they finally told me I need to drill holes in my bedrails since obviously some modifications have been done to my repainted '71?

Does that not seem more like a defective sh!tty product with even sh!ttier customer support that you need to modify a brand new $1200 top by drilling holes in your bedrails that are said to line up appropriately??

Below is a pic of their brand new rail that I moved outward an inch just to show how the holes don't line up with nearly any mounting location supplied.
I'm having the same exact problem on my new top. Only 3 of the slots align on each side. Trying to decide if I'll drill out the softopper bed rail at the other locations for even clamping. I have a 72 with a single wall. I would agree that this is an unnecessary mod and the slots should be there from Softopper. Drilled holes won't allow the same amount of adjustability so I'd have to do them after getting everything installed and aligned.
Name:  PXL_20211024_142211564.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  53.5 KB
CJM72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 11:45 AM   #28
CJM72

Follow up. The instructions clearly say bolt down with 3 bolts per side which is the number of slots I can get to line up. It appears they either didn't want to swiss cheese the rail with the extra 2 slots for strength/cost reasons, or they don't think it's necessary. I marked the 2 slots locations, so I can add bolts later if necessary. Hope this helps the next confused guy out there!
CJM72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 04:52 PM   #29
truckster

Mine has 3 bolts on each side, fairly evenly spaced. It's been on for several months and I've had no problems with it.