The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-16-2012, 03:42 PM   #26
tasian

Re: betsy my work turck

i've made a bit of progress on the truck in the last few weeks but i've been to busy working on it to post anything most of it has just been little stuff thats not really picture worthy but i did finally lower the front end i cut a coil off and it netted me about a inch and a half i didn't really get before and after pictures but this is a older picture i had

and this one is the day i cut the springs the angles a little different but you get the idea

it helped even the front and back out a bit but i was still a lot higher in the front so i was thinking about cutting another half coil but luckily i saw something in Rob's make it handle thread about flipping the shackle on leaf spring trucks which i had thought about trying for a long time but i had been having a hard time finding any info on the flip

so i grabbed a tape measure a grinder and a hammer and went to work (also didn't get many pictures here)

heres a older picture i had from about the same angle

and this is after about 13 hours

you cant really tell from this angle of course but the body sits about level now (i'll try to get some real pictures with a real camera soon) im not sure how much is because i gained about 2 inchs of clearance from the axle and how much is because of the shackle flip but it rides SO much better now it was differently worth the $15 dollars it cost me
Old 01-16-2012, 03:50 PM   #27
VA72C10
VA72C10

Looking good!
Old 03-10-2012, 02:22 AM   #28
tasian

didn't realize how behind on updates i was better get caught up lets see...i got a new frontend and rear swaybar off of a 79 dually that we scrapped over at the shop

im still working on stripping everything down to metal but am taking my time while i gather everything to rebuild it i've also been having a hard time trying to decide if i should keep the dually rotors? it spaces the wheel out a good two inchs but i would have to flare out the fenders and widen the rear also then run pro streets

i've got a bit of little detail work done lately too and made a cool air intake

its not to fancy but it works and heres some pictures i got earlier while i was working on her

let me know what you guys think and any tips on cleaning the front end? i already super cleaned it and have been using a nylon wheel which works pretty good but still takes forever