The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2011, 02:50 PM   #1
Tom@LRD

1968 Chevy C10 Bagged on Wide Whites

Here is my latest project that I picked up about a month ago from a guy in Hopkinton, MA. It had spent most of its life in Missouri driven by an old lady, it still had the Missouri title from '85 when I got it. I have wanted a 67/68 C10 since I was a little kid.

Just turned 100K inline 6 292 with a 4 speed manual trans (pretty much a 3 speed with a granny low 1st). Everything original aside from a couple year old factory matched paint job and the wrong wheels. Its a super solid truck aside from a couple typically spots along the inner rockers.

Here are some shots from the day I brought it home.

I also picked up an 07 GMC Sierra Z71 back in April down in Virginia after our shop truck puked the trans. 2" front leveling kit on 33" tires.

Factory bench freshly recovered still sporting the AM radio. I had to pull the tank to acid etch it and steam pressure wash it to get all the old gunked up gas out. It would run and idle, but fall on its face when you tried to drive it. A friend of mine rebuilt the carb, then we threw a new fuel filter, plugs, wires, air filter.

Bed just has some list surface rust, just needs a fresh coat of paint.

Non-power drum brakes at all 4 corners with manual steering.
Tom@LRD is offline   Reply With Quote