The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-2007, 11:11 PM   #1
WORNBRAKES

Got Mud

I know, I know. This is not a lot of mud but you have to conceder my story.
I have had the Blaz for 3 years and have had it together for a few months now. I think I have only put 20 miles on it though. I have been slowly working all the little bugs out. The 1406 cab that I have had on the Blaz is junk. I traded a local guy for a good 'ol trusty Q-jet. I got it put on this morning.
Went out and spent the afternoon away from home with the family. On the way back the kids were a sleep and the wife and I got to talking about paying off bills and stuff. It comes up again. "Why don’t you sell the Blazer you never drive?" We talked for a while and figured it could help us a lot. She might have had me 70 % convinced this time to do it. When we got back, my neighbor and I got it fired up and reset the timing. Well the wife’s wanted to go on the "I have a new carb, let’s go test it out" ride.
We all 4 got in the Blaz and headed down the road. Jeff says "let’s go down this dirt road that I got stuck on when we had all the rain. It should be dried up pretty good by now." So we head down there. Mind you that I have not yet installed the front drive shaft. I still need to get a U-joint for it. So I tell Jeff that we are only a 2wd truck at this point. The road looked good and we went down it and only had 1 spot where we had to go through the good 'ol Texas black mud.
Little girl come through for me though. If you notice the front tires were not kicking up as much mud as the rear. The wife got excited and said it reminded here of the years we played in Jones's Swamp in Pensacola with the Yoda. She was fired up. No more talk about selling it. She is asking me how many days it will take to do the front driveshaft and really get her ready to play and work out the other bugs.
Moral of the story for now is:
Jeff's dirt road might have saved the Blazer from the wife’s butcher block for now.
Attached Images

69 C10 305/350
71 K5 Basket case
75 K10 Rescue **Parting out**
77 MG Midget **Parting out**
15 6.7L Cummins
WORNBRAKES is offline   Reply With Quote