The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2021, 06:57 PM   #1
Ziegelsteinfaust

Slot mags vs pyo's

I am working slowly on my 83 C10 rcsb stepside to get her back on the road. After the unfortunate cooking of the engine due to a faulty temp guage. So today I was digging around one of my dads stashings, and found used slot mags. In my size even.

They are a staggard set with 15x7's, and 15x10's all with right around 4 inches of backspacing. I only quickly measured with a ruler I had quick access to off my weld cart. So if I go with them I will run 245/60's up front with 295/50's bringing up the rear. If I go with the pyo's I will switch to a 14 bolt SF, and a C30 front suspension. The tires would be 245/70r16, and 285/70r16 AT tires.

Obviously the C10's height would change. With the 15's a 3/5 drop would be about right. Where with the 16's a 1/4 would be about it. To accommodate the tire height differences, and keep the trucks level.

So for the question. While not the biggest tower of trailers. It is something I need to do often enough that I won't want to get rid of the prospects. As when I need to do it. It is often kind of last minute, and renting trucks becomes prohibitive when needed. How will 295/50r15's effect the feeling of towing? It has been 20 years since I towed with a old school C10 as I switched to C20's due to buy in cost, and larger brakes.
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote