The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-17-2004, 06:55 PM   #1
72 Super

Thumbs up Ebfabman

I picked my truck up from Earl(ebfabman) this weekend.I have a 72 Cheyenne Super that was bought new by my parents.It was very rusty truck that needed just about every panel they make installed.I had been trying for approx 5 years to find someone to do the metal work on this cab(I wanted to keep the original cab for the sentimental reasons).After I joined the board I started seeing a few posts and pictures about his work.I contacted him and asked if he would consider doing my cab.After talking to him awhile he agreed.I told him how I wanted it and what expected it be like and we came to an agreement.I then took the truck down to his place .I was nervous about leaving my truck with someone I barely knew this far away.He assured me that it was in good hands.After he started on the repairs he would always call me when he ran into something unexpected and we would come up with an decision together on how to go about it.He would send me pictures of the progress and I also may a few trips down to his place too.To make along story short I am VERY HAPPY with his work.If anyone is thinking of doing any business with Earl I am sure you will satisfied.
Old 09-15-2004, 03:34 PM   #2
ebfabman

Hey 72 Super, Thanks a lot for the good words. Can't wait to see the truck in the future, it should make a real nice truck!

Thanks again..............eb
ebfabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 03:24 PM   #3
72 Super

Earl,Yes I hope it will be a super nice truck when done.For everybody that has a cab that they would like to keep but dont think it can be saved. I would like to say that this one was so rusty the A pillar was rusted away from the kick panel area and the rocker on the pass side.I was real lucky a found a pair of NOS A pillars that Earl installed in my cab as well as just about every other patch panel that is made.I have some pictures but need to get them resized.I will try to take some more pics of the finished product.

Ray
Old 10-01-2004, 06:38 PM   #4
RICHARD MORGAN

Earl,
Im currently in VA, Do you do body work for A living? do jobs on the side? or was his truck done as a favor?

Richard
RICHARD MORGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 08:42 PM   #5
ebfabman

Hello Richard. I do race car body fabrication for a living and yes I do jobs on the side but only as "filler" work when I can do them at my pace. It can get a little pricy if there is a lot to repair but in some cases like Rays truck it can well be worth the cost.
ebfabman is offline   Reply With Quote