The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-29-2024, 05:19 PM   #1
tutone

Re: Trailers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziegelsteinfaust View Post
It won't be that big as I have a truck if I need something that big. I have access to a boat trailer axle which, and I would run 15 inch rims with a 26" tire to avoid heat issues.

Those 12" tires I see on jet ski trailer scare me the way they bounce everywhere.

Plan is the whole trailer/load is 1000 pounds max. The trailer should weigh 350 pounds. So more capacity then I need for it, and not to much to weaken the uni-body.
My thoughts exactly. As Larry said above, and with my post., based on much the same experience, a bigger tired trailer will serve you better than a "jet ski" type trailer. The bigger the tire, the less revolutions and "less bearing heat" you will have. I'd rather have a little bigger trailer and a little less load on it. I pull a 1090# Serro Scotty travel trailer behind my 55. It has 180# of tounge weight and if I throe anything in it, I try to set it on the floor center of the axle. Never had a problem and every other year, I pack the brgs whether they need it or not.
1955 210 2 dr sedan/1998 RCSB Z71
tutone is offline   Reply With Quote