The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2023, 03:40 AM   #1
decaren

71 K10 Decision Paralysis

A few months back I picked up a 71 K10 LWB to use as a parts truck for my 2WD 67 C10 project. Fortunately the 71 was actually not that bad of a truck and I couldn't bring myself to part it out. So now I'm trying to put the 71 together as a bit of a work on the small homestead farm truck. Something we can get a load of firewood or mulch in that will do some occasional towing of a 14' open utility trailer or 18' open vehicle trailer. It's a PS/PB truck with disc front brakes. I was thinking of putting the body on a 67 K20 LWB frame I (prematurely) purchased until I read on here that the frames are the same. So now I'm stuck trying to figure out the best path forward. I would like disc in the front, but is the K20 frame and axles really worth it for what I plan to do with the truck? Also I have a set of axles from an 89 K5. Are they a better fit or a step back. I've read on here that the K20 wasn't needed over a K10 and vice versa. So now I'm stuck in a bit of decision paralysis and hoping the vast knowledge of the group can help guide me to the best route. Thanks in advance for the help and suggestions.
decaren is offline   Reply With Quote