The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2023, 04:13 AM   #11
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Sunday fun.

My day was less than perfect.
Wrote up a bit of Cantaloupe and posted a video and pics.
Then moved cars about and took Rezin Rock-no-go for a drive to see Nick up at the farm. I used his trailer originally to recover it and he is currently struggling with his wifes real CJ7 he built for her, he is a good builder. He was impressed as well with the whole build and MOT result.
I then drove back to thr main road, ostensibly to go for a drive to go do some photos of Rockit if I found a decent spot.
Poop, the thing died 500 meters from home. Refusing to restart. Thankfully it’s downhill all the way from the farm, well a slope really. Back home it still refused to start. Not sure if a wire has slipped off or something bigger.
So I just rolled it from the kitchen down and dumped it in the carport.

Thought it a good sign to take S10 truck for a run as I really enjoy using it and pop in at @forddan68 to see if he has bought anything interesting lately.
As I got to the truck out on the front drive the new neighbor landed and asked if I could come help him swap roof panels around on his wifes summer house (he says its a shed with glass doors and French windows)
Perfect distraction. So I reversed it back and parked the truck, saving myself Ł10 in fuel, made myself a coffee and got some tools and went to help him.
Ended up doing roofing felt and trims.
Perfect afternoon for me as I did manage to distract myself and forget about the dead car parked over the hedge. .

Horrible bitumen paint to help seal and secure overlaps.

I never use it.

And once done, along with fighting the wind that was making it a bit awkward, it looked OK.

Next job for his wife, is to paint it some variation of green.

Suddenly is was 4.30 and I went home, shut shop and went indoors to cook dinner as Sally had been at work and I had offered to feed her.

I will look at the Rezin Rockit when I get time.

This week is a bit hectic.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote