The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-03-2021, 08:28 AM   #1
Ghost's68

Headlight adjustment

Just upgraded my stock headlights on my 68 C-10 to the H4 Hella E-series headlight, what’s the proper method to adjust them? I’ve seen the video Brothers truck posted but that covers the standard sealed beam headlights. Any info is appreciated. Thanks
Ghost's68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 09:36 AM   #2
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Headlight adjustment

The video mentioned is fine. I have older Hellas that are not DOT approved like the newer Eurovision lights and I use a similar method.
The difference between what they show and your lights is your lights should have a well defined cutoff point. You want the cutoff right on the aiming point they show in the video.
The video mentions how he likes to point his lights in a couple of inches to concentrate the light on the road. Myself I do the opposite so when I'm on an unlit winding road I can see further around the corner where the danger is likely to be.
Feel free to experiment with settings just be mindful of how your lights affect other drivers. Elderly drivers are more sensitive to bright lights, so they tend to close their eyes or look away from the road. Thats the last thing you want when you meet someone on the road.
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote