The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2021, 11:20 PM   #1
the_flying_scotsman

It's been 9 yrs, I should say Hi

So I joined this site on 4-20(not intentional) 2012, as I'd planned on buying an old C10.

Life kind of got in the way, I had two kids, then I had cancer, then I divorced, and up until recently I lived in an apartment with limited space.

But as of this week I own my own home with a decent sized garage, and my kids are costing me marginally less money(oh and I paid off those pesky medical bills).

Now Back to the truck. In 2012 I lived in MT and that is where I got my 1966 C10 long/fleet. The original owner was a volunteer firefighter, I think that's why he chose "omaha orange/red?" I think it's a farm truck, it has a 4 speed transmission on the floor with a 292 straight six..

For the past 8 years it has been in storage here in Portland OR while life happened.
But the time has come to bring it home! I'll probably start by sitting in the garage drinking a beer looking at it, and learning stuff on here(this will be a steep learning curve).

I don't have any pics of the truck, I haven't even went to visit it in 5 years. I do have the little owners packet that came with it though.. So this is my first post, and my first pic! (lesson 1 - how to upload a photo)

I look forward to learning as I go..

Attached Images

Last edited by the_flying_scotsman; 06-21-2021 at 12:32 AM.
the_flying_scotsman is offline   Reply With Quote