The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1988-1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-29-2005, 11:50 AM   #1
jamal

98 z71 6" ifs lift-FS-updated

I am planning a straight axle conversion, and will take pics and list all details and hopefully be great info for anyone else considering doing this. My question is I have the complete ifs lift with control arms, disks, differential and axle shafts still in one piece. How much is this worth? Should I seperate or sell as one unit? I also have the torsion bar relocating mounts that go with the lift, just need to know if I should include the control arms and brakes, spindles and hubs. I almost forgot the xfer case with les than 10k is also coming out, how much could I sell it for? Anybody want to make a 2wd a 4wd. This would be the whole kit with a lift as well. Edit----For sale below

Last edited by jamal; 10-28-2005 at 11:15 AM.
jamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 01:42 PM   #2
jamal

Ok due to lack of response, $800 for the 6" ifs lift.

Last edited by jamal; 10-04-2005 at 01:44 PM.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:42 PM   #3
jamal

$800 for the complete ifs lift, and I have no offers? This cost $1800 new. The only reason I am selling is I am planning on a straight axle conversion. I am in cluding the complete front end assembly as I have no use for it. If anyone needs any front suspension items let me know and I can part it out. I have everything: brakes, calipers, upper and lower control arms, differntial with 3.73 gears( axle seals need replaced), ifs lift, every piece of the front suspension.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:34 PM   #4
andrew king

Re: 98 z71 6" ifs lift

I might be interested in the lift. what brand do you have pics of it on the truck? Will it fit a 95 gmc yukon??? 4door pm me and maybe we can work something out thanks
andrew king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 08:43 PM   #5
jamal

truck is pictured above in my profile and also a page in 88-98 truck forum. It has new trailmaster shocks that come with it, and it is a really nice kit. It has torsion bar spacers, and tires do not wear funny at all. I have a 3" body lift and can fit 39" tires with this lift, but can fit 35" without body lift. Unsure on brand but it was orange before I painted it black, if that helps you determine what brand it is. I know it is a good name though, a lawyer built the truck befor I bought it, and everything has been done top quality. It should bolt right up but I'll check. I am pretty sure it will though. I will contact the lawyer friend who built it, and see if he remembers the brand if it is important.

Last edited by jamal; 10-18-2005 at 08:44 PM.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:11 AM   #6
jamal

This has got to go so I can buy new straight axle. Make reasonable offer. I am also willing to trade. I need parts. Truck is still in the planning stages so some parts depend on what I get. I have complete front end I for sale/trade. I am pulling the whole unit out w/ shocks, brakes, axles, and all. May also sell/trade 35x14.5x16.5 super swampers with great tread, and billet weld wheels as pictured here
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=176860
Parts I need are as follows:
88-98 chevy rwd leafsprings
6 lug chevy front straight axle
4l60 passenger side front xfer case w/electric speedo
----------or------------
77-79 high pinion ford front axle
possibly 8 lug rear axle (depends on lug pattern of front axle)
-----------depending on trade I may also need--------
possibly 8 lug wheels
40" or larger super swampers

Last edited by jamal; 10-27-2005 at 11:40 AM.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:46 PM   #7
cantburn
ParrotHead Parts

Jamal, Hate to put you off but I have to wait on the lift until after January. I can swing it but it looks to be around February at the latest. If it is still available I will get it and possibly the wheels. I'll keep a look out for your name on the board and give you a shout out. Sorry if this puts your plans back a few.
cantburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 02:09 PM   #8
jamal

That is cool I fully understand