The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-12-2016, 10:38 PM   #1
j2rkt88

Talking Howdy All Y'alls 1984 GMC Camper Special here.

First of all I want to thank whoever it was that posted the thread about the rear brake proportional valve bypass on 1980's GM trucks !

I've got a 1984 GMC Camper Special pickup I traded a 2000 Ford Focus for and the then owner also gave me $400 on top of that ! GVW is 8600lbs. Long story short, I only got the truck because I was moving from SOCAL to Western Kentucky and I didn't want to spend tons of money on a U-haul I wouldn't get to keep, and actually I never even planned on keeping the truck after I got to Kentucky... lol. For every reason this truck shouldn't have made the 2000+ mile trip and have lasted 5 years so far. Especially since the 9.5" differential was singing for the whole trip and has still been singing for the last 5 years but now the pinion seal just recently let go and I'm getting ready to install a 10.5" full floater, hopefully soon and .... that's a subject for another part of the forum ... lol

Now my old beater truck has become part of the family and my 14 year old step son thinks he's got dibs on the truck when he turns 16... keep dreaming.
j2rkt88 is offline   Reply With Quote