The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-17-2010, 03:52 PM   #1
John Fabris
TOTY 2006

C10-Driver

I have edited this post and do not harbor any ill feelings for C10-Driver as further comuminications with him have resolved any issues between us.

Last edited by John Fabris; 04-21-2010 at 01:28 AM.
John Fabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:03 PM   #2
C10-Driver
Chevy Truck Addict

Re: C10-Driver

John:

This is the first time I have been on the board since I arrived back in Canada and my first order of business was to start a thread with a public apology to you. I am very sorry for putting you out and feel terrible about it. I am especially sorry that the time short with your son was cut short. It was a very busy trip and I obviously wasn't paying close enough attention to what you were saying at the time. It was my impression you had some time available in the early afternoon and I didn't understand that you were adjusting your plans to fit my schedule.

I pre-arranged a deal some time ago with another board member to buy 2 trucks and some extra parts he had for sale. My intention was to try and pick up some other good rust-free California parts while we were down there which is why I wanted to work something out with you. When you called me, we were feverishly getting all the parts and trucks loaded up for the trip back. To add to to this, I had just spent 15-20 minutes on the phone with CPP trying to find out why some parts I ordered hadn't been delivered. And, to top of it all off, my wife called to tell me that our daughter was pregnant and we were going to be grandparents. I am not making excuses, just trying to clarify my state of mind at the time.

You mention that I waffled on the phone. While I was speaking to you, I was trying to think of how we could make it out there because I didn't want to go back on my word. I wan't trying to be a jerk... I felt badly about cancelling with you.

I am an honest person John and had every intention of coming to meet you but I simply ran out of time. I am sorry you feel the way you do. If you actually knew me, you would probably not have said the things you did.

If there is a question of honesty, I will pay you your asking price for the doors and fenders to which I committed to buy. Again, I am very sorry for not meeting with you and especially sorry for screwing up your plans. I know how important family is and, if there was something I could do to change that, I would.
1970 Pontiac Lemans
C10-Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:57 PM   #3
C/10 King

John, I know what happened was unfortunate and I would be upset too, but for what it's worth I met C10-Driver last Friday, and I have to say, he's one of the nicest persons I've ever met. A genuine, not a phony man, and I believe him when when he says he is truly sorry. John, just my two cents.
1971 Short Fleet
1970 Jimmy Custom 2 WD "Golden Ticket"
1972 Blazer 2 WD "Retro Blaze"
C/10 King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:04 AM   #4
John Fabris
TOTY 2006

I hear you C10-Driver, and I understand that you were on a busy schedule and it was admirable that you were making such a trip to grab as many parts as you could.

I truely accept your apology as a I appreciate your post and your PM and I have had a cooling off period, and although the derby was over, I went back to the lake with my son and we fished til dark and I had a great time with my boy even though we only caught one little trout. I have edited my post and I will not hold you to the offer of paying for the parts as that is not needed, but truely appreciate the gesture. Glad you were able to take a full load of stuff home and also that you made it home safe.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:28 AM   #5
C10-Driver
Chevy Truck Addict

Thanks John... Glad to hear you had a good day with your son in spite of me screwing up your day. I will likely make a trip like this again at some point and hope that we can meet sometime. You will be my first stop next time.
1970 Pontiac Lemans
C10-Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:31 AM   #6
Andy4639
Old member

Talking Re: C10-Driver

I glad you worked it all out. That's why I love this board!

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote