The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

View Poll Results: Exotic wood bed or skinned smooth?
Wood? 164 78.10%
Metal? 46 21.90%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2014, 10:31 AM   #1
Brannon yazell

Wild C10 project

Hello everyone, I'm new to the site but have always referenced it. Last June I finally was able to purchase a 67' SWB fleetside c10. Someone had a decent start to it, but it really needed to be torn down to frame and start over. I met and commissioned a guy that is very knowledgable and does great work to help me on this project. He has previously built rides that have appeared at SEMA. The funny thing is how things and directions can change as you get further into it, and boy did they. Initially I was wanting a simple flat black paint job and keep the same drive line. When I bought it it was sporting a 400 small block, 700 R4 and 4 wheel disc brakes which I was fine with. He had some better ideas and glad I was open to them. He had in his procession a 2001 SWB chevy that was bagged that a customer didn't pay for, which after a while he was just given the title to. His idea was to use the frame and drive train under my body. Well after throwing ideas around we think we have come up with something that has never been attempted. Using the 2001 frame, cab but the doors skinned with 67' metal which it takes 4 to do this, chopping and raking the roof, suicide doors using back door hinges off a dodge truck which will open to 90 deg, flip forward hood, body-dropped and everything shaven. We also came up w a 5.7 LS1 w low miles which will be built. So it will at end be a 2001 chevy with a 67' body, 2001 roof, glass and interior. The 2001 interior will all be wrapped in leather w a Lamborghini style to it. We have full intentions of this project being at this years SEMA show. We will be posting pics of progress, which there will be intense metal fab done. I know some purists will hate it, but we wanted some very diff and we think this will sure be it. Thanks for looking.
Attached Images

Last edited by Brannon yazell; 04-14-2014 at 10:38 AM.
Brannon yazell is offline   Reply With Quote