The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2010, 09:36 AM   #1
BBGMC

Unhappy Suspension Issues Need help

Ok so I have a 1968 GMC 2500 with a Big Block 402 it has the Original Front Suspension on it and I mean Original all the way down to the Shocks which I would say is a great bit overdue for changing, but surprisingly they don't leak nor show signs of ever leaking, besides the point I need to rebuild the suspension I just did an alignment and found out my Idler arm is really worn out along with my Tie Rod ends. I was figuring if I am gonna replace them i might as well rebuild the whole darn thing,now I also want to Drop it 4-5" in the front and maybe 4-6" in the rear without having to notch the frame. I was wondering if there is anyone that knows of a 3/4 ton kit available I want to keep it an actual 3/4 ton I also looked through cpp but there's no lowering kits for the 3/4 ton on there. any ideas??? also I like having a rake id like to offset it a little more than now which is barely noticeable what would be the best measurements for that also?

also I am looking for a complete front end rebuild kit that includes the center link both upper and lower ball joints both inner and outer tie rod ends with new adjusting sleeves a new idler arm and possibly a new pitman arm a arm bushings the whole 9 yards, go big or go home right,

Thanks a Bunch

BBGMC

Last edited by N2TRUX; 02-05-2010 at 09:35 AM.
BBGMC is offline   Reply With Quote