The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > S10 S15 Luv Blazer > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-12-2021, 11:27 PM   #401
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s English 2001 S10 Extra Cab 4.3 V6 Truck

Zero garage time.

Insomnia sucks big time.

Been awake since 03.00 chatting with Dennis in St Louis who had a power cut, sitting in his truck charging his phone.

Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 05:49 AM   #402
Grizz1963

So yesterday was planned for nuts, bolts, rusty stuff, side cutters and a grinder

Lazy slow start, then chatted with @pauly about the roll cage or hoop options for the build.

I want something chunky looking, and different is a great option.

He sent me a pic of the half cage from one of the phases of his 56 Chevy.

I think it may work.

With a bit or lot of work.

Then Sally called, and all hell broke loose.

I got to cut the grass, weed and clean a bit of stuff around the yard.

She asked me if I could help her to help Uncle Bob with some trees that had grown too tall, and were interfering with overhead power lines.

Of course I had to say yes, no problem.

So while she washed her car, I gathered all my bits, went to buy 5 liters of fuel to mix up for the chainsaw, filled the chain oil and fuel reserves, and tried to start it, third pull it took, this after more than 2 years since the last time I used it when building the garden wall,

After washing her car, I had to buff back the one fender and bonnet that must have had a paint repair at some point in the past as they always fade away, and if she is selling the Corsa, it needs to be presentable

Then off to Uncle Bobs.

Unpack, find a double length ladder and get started.

Fortunately Uncle Bob was away at his yard, spraying brambles and weeds, so we could get on and just do the job without him supervising.

He had shown us on an earlier recce in the morning which trees needed to come down.

9 of them in total, though a lot of other plants needed some serious pruning and cutting back (he stopped looking after the large garden 14 years ago when Sally’s mum died as she used to love the garden and manage it) , certainly more than one days worth of work, having to plan and operate between various structures and abandoned treasure cars etc.

Despite a used, somewhat blunted chain, I managed to proceed.

Sally drew the cuttings away for me and built a huge pile. I had to cut quite a few branches into smaller manageable sizes too.

Two tanks of petrol, and one refill on the chain oil is how long it took me to get the first two trees done.

7 trees to go, a job for another day.

Perfectly timed, for us, Uncle Bob for home just when we had finished cutting the lot down and piled up.

He seemed happy, almost 75 now, I guess jobs that were a breeze when he farmed, now are both tiring and dangerous.

Now I need to find a petrol chipper locally to use, or one to buy as there is a load of work left and the other 7 trees to cut down.

Having all the cut branches and stumps removed will cost more than the price of a used petrol chipper I suspect.

After we finished at Uncle Bobs we went to Sally’s place for her to try out the mower I had got her for her birthday, seems she likes it.

Even got a pic this morning from her to say she was happy with the finish, which made me smile.

She loves her garden.

Maybe today I will get an hour or two on the Rezin Rockit.

After going out with Sally.
Old 08-13-2021, 05:10 PM   #403
Grizz1963

On a slightly different tack, I had a big grin and chuckle today.

Reading this written by a reader on another forum.

Seems I am influencing scavenger culture.

Free money is great.

Howdy. Catching up here a little bit. I learned something about hanging the flag vertically. Makes sense that the blue stays in the upper left hand corner but I had always thought of that as sort of the back side of the flag since it's opposite side from what usually shows when the flag is oriented horizontally. And I learned it from a South African who lives in England, haha. That little barbecue you made out of the keg was fantastic. What a great idea to utilize the legs from those stools. I don't think it would have occurred to me to upside-down one of them like you did. Came out really nice. Had to chuckle when you talked about picking up stuff out on your walks. In the last week I've come home with a set of driving lights, one with a cracked lens which is replaceable. A hose reel on wheels that I think will store a couple of 50 footers. And a computer desk that's in perfect condition. I could carry the driving lights pretty easily. I had to go back after my walk to get the hose reel and put it in the trunk of my car. But I decided to see if I could carry the computer desk the five blocks home. Had to set it down a couple of times but made it, haha. Added a bit to my workout. I like it when my walks become part exercise / part treasure hunt.

So most of today ended up being spent on more domestic chores, house cleaning, garden work, and cleaning up and out the BBQ in preparation for the weekend.

So when headed to town to get a few things, Sally clocked this car, she had seen it before, thinking it was another fiber glass replica

Turns out it is metal bodied, looks like it has high and low range options.

No creature comforts.

Could it be a Mahindra, from India?

I really liked the zip up padding on the cage, makes it look chunky, a look I am going for.

Fold down screen.

Eventually home by 4.30

Coffee, then shop time from 5.00pm

Old 08-13-2021, 06:26 PM   #404
Grizz1963

So after a coffee, my team leader headed down to the garage.

This pic is real, she was getting at one of the bolts holding the grille and fender together.

I crept in under it to get going on undoing the nuts covered in Duck Oil yesterday.

One chassis bolt undone.

One attacked with the spark maker.

Another job to do was steering to be disconnected.

QUESTION TIME: Looking at this joint, it does not seem to be removable, or splitable……

How do I replace the rubber joint with fresh rubber? Is it called a rag joint?

Also cut all the brake lines while in there as they are fed through the body, some are already broken and cut, so remake will be the the way to go.

There was a load of thick scabbed rust here too. Mr Hammer made it go away on the vertical plane.

Next job, remove the self tapping screws holding the grille to the front bumper.

Following this, I decided to undo the next set of chassis bolts.

Much hammering with the BFH saw the passenger side unscrewing with a visegrip attached.

Drivers side looked like this…….

So Sally held the small LED spotlight torch so I could see what I was doing, getting the cutting disc going on the right spot of what was left of a 11mm bolt and washer.

After that, I closed shop by 7.30 and came inside.

Cooked some bacon, and made bacon and pork sausage paninis, along with a tall,Rum and Pepsi Max Sally poured for me.

Tomorrow it is the turn of the handbrake assemble to be disconnected

Feeling good so far.

Weekend too.
Old 08-14-2021, 09:46 PM   #405
Just call me Sean

Yes, I've heard it called the rag joint. People upgrade them with universal joints.
Just call me Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 06:24 AM   #406
Grizz1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just call me Sean View Post
Yes, I've heard it called the rag joint. People upgrade them with universal joints.
Sounds like a plan.

Once I identify which is correct part to fit.

And of course if it fits.

Massive bootfair but not a great result today.

Small little Jeep, overpriced £1.00
2 knives to be sharpened for steak duties 20p each
HARRY name £1.00
Pint glass 50p
Unused BBQ grille for toaties £1.00
Strong gate hinges, pair £5.00
Flat gate hinges, pair £1.00
Mexican tequila doorstop £1.00
Teapots two each @ £1.00
Green teapot FREE
Cat treat jar £1.00
Chicken sign for Mrs CraigRK £3.00
Remote controlled Ninja Turtles VW Bus £.00
CAT Bulldozer for Harry £2.00

Craig and his family, along with some other friends came over for birthday, new house and leaving celebrations.

He helped me with the Rezin Rockit and took the tank off, plus convinced me to just just cut for now, the absolute mess of a home built wiring loom to the rear that had been threaded around the chassis

Craig is a keen hobby 3D printer as well, and along with @Peteh1969 who did the programming and design, made me a couple of samples for the name tags.

Mate Andy in Tulsa is still playing with the casting and getting the draft right on them.

Mate Darren who bought the Cragar rims off the S10 sent a pic of them fitted to his Dodge van.

Suits the van more than it did the truck imho

@craigrk also sent some cool spots yesterday, as his wife was driving, allowing him to look around for a change.

And my personal favourite.

This guy bombing along on his bike.

So garage time now for a bit.

Report back in the Rezin Rockit thread later.

Some bits happening.
Old 08-15-2021, 04:07 PM   #407
Grizz1963

So rewind to Saturday 2.00pm when Craig and his family came over to collect a load of stuff I had gathered for him the last month or two.

After the usual greetings, him and I were straight down to the carport to try get about 45 minutes in on the Rezin Rockit before other friends and David, the one lodger got here.

So with his extra hands I set him loose with rattle gun, spanners and access to the big red toolbox……..

I had the grinder and cut back some more self tapper screws.

Happy guy.

Soon enough we were ready to lift the body off the chassis.

Chose to cit away some wiring that had ben threaded around and through the chassis.

The wiring does look like it was done by a blind monkey with a roll of insulation tape and connectors.

So I called Kevin, David and Sally down.

Sally to take photos, and also Craigs daughter Elli who was put up a ladder to take some photos, including the one below.

Sally also made a video of the body coming off.

With real movement.

Click link:

https://youtu.be/nmgGvGtDqw4

So the rear end, exposed.

Those who know will be able to identify what we have here.

I don’t have a clue.

Front end.

Bigger picture, rear view, @craigrk inspection

Front end.

So today I took a look at the chassis as it stands.

Some surface rust.

When you go through it, red oxide, under-seal was the protection plan when built.

However, thats a great water trap in the long run.

BFH exposed the extent of the problem.

The only bad place was about 150mm or 6” that will need cutting, cleaning and welding with a reinforcement.

Thick flake of rust.

On further inspection, the underslung fuel tank that Craig removed yesterday, seems to be Ready for retirement, inside and outside has a lot of rust.

Clearly a welded together tank, I think a new system of carrying fuel is needed.

I like the look and idea of a Jerry can/s mounted up rear as a gas tank, but it will raise the centre of gravity, which is meant to be as low as possible, considering this is going as low as possible.

So todays question is based around aesthetics meeting functionality.

If I go Mazda MX5 power, the fuelling will have certain demands, as will the rest of the build.

So finding an interesting route to deliver that, would be cool.

After scraping the chassis a bit, keeping in mind it needs a load of work, I tidied up and closed shop.

The next two weeks at work are going to be between insane and silly busy, so maybe not much time to mess with this thing.

However, I will do what I can.

So tonight, it is more than weekend over, rather….. great week off, not masses achieved, but it feels like I stepped off the treadmill for a bit.

I reassembled the front end panels as well, for looks and tidiness

Happy with the outcome.

Life is good.

Old 08-16-2021, 04:31 PM   #408
Grizz1963

After work I went to the garage to just unwind a bit.

Took a sharpened hatchet.

Result.

Only a start, some very sticky grey paint, and Red oxide

Happy with every bit of progress.

Old 08-16-2021, 05:33 PM   #409
Grizz1963

Went for my daily 2 mile walk early today.

Did a slight detour past the skip on the farm.

Bingo.

Sallys grandson already likes it.

Tonight after work, she popped in for a quick dinner and then headed home.

Two minutes after leaving she called me.

I thought oooopps…… what now.

She had pulled up in a lay by up the road, may e a mile away.

“Do you want a free bike” she asked.

I said yes, of course.

I thought pedal bike, and said yes, as I would just pass it on to someone who needs one.

She confessed that she did not know what type is was, but described that it was where the big, rich houses were.

So I grabbed the Focus keys and drove up there.

Yup, there. It was, parked at the intersection with a label attached “FREE!” So I went in to the second house and spoke to a Nigerian lady, who said it was from the 4th house.

So I drove there, knocked and spoke to thefather of the owner.

Seems that they are relocating, and were busy clearing out their house and toys. There was a large skip on the drive that I did not inspect.

However, he did say the bike was recently serviced and ran well. Just surplus to requirements.

So I went back home after pushing it down the lane and out of direct sight of the main road, removed the sign and went next door to see if Mickey was in, he was, but curled up asleep on his recliner, probably incapacitated.

So I ran upstairs and asked David, the one lodger if he would help me load it.

Oh yes, after the initial discussion, Sally had said it was a black motorbike.

So I grabbed the S10 and and we drove the mile down the road and loaded the orphan child.

It is a WK Bikes Trial 125cc
Front and rear disc brakes, electric start, set up for off road with knobblies fitted.

I got home, unloaded it and parked it.

Due to failing light and increasing mosquito activity.

So we mentioned FREE CASH before.

As found.

CDI system.

Electric start.

Unloaded.

Parked up.

I will try start it tomorrow or when I get time.

Who knows.

It could be a nice little toy.
Old 08-18-2021, 04:17 AM   #410
Grizz1963

Went for a walk yesterday.

Managed 3 miles brisk walking, so much of an improvement over when I started and 1/2 mile was a killer for me.

Thames view over to Essex.

Harvest time, but the weather is not allowing much work.

Ooooohhhhhh look what we have here, middle of nowhere-ish.

Four reels. They will go up as a joblot on FB Marketplace for £25.00

Just need a clean up, and they will look much better.

Why do people toss so much stuff that is perfectly useable?

Old 08-18-2021, 05:14 AM   #411
Grizz1963

I had not planned to touch the bike till the weekend.

But yesterday I had a combination of rubbish day and a stress build up, that will go till close of play next week.

So at lunch time, rather than a coffee and sandwich, I went to go see if the bike would start.

The fuel in the tank smells stale, but I thought, give it a go anyway.

Second kick it fired and spluttered. Another similar response, then I realised and opened the fuel stopcock.

Boooom….. it started and stood there idling irregularly, while it warmed up.

So of course I felt the need to see if it would carry my 1.83m 120kg or 19 Stone and 6’ weight.

Balanced the camera on a brick, and went to start and run it around the garden..

CLICK YOUTUBE LINK.

https://youtu.be/rFRD-zXQt50

After Sally popped in for dinner and a chat, she left by 7.00pm so it left me with too much daylight left.

So back to the garage, and ride it up to the house for a quick cleanup.

Degreased the chain and washed it, then applied PJ1 chain lube.

Followed by a wash and rinse.

CLICK YOUTUBE LINK.

https://youtu.be/koytyh2Yh5U

So it looks a bit better.

Decision made to sell it on, and the money all goes to Sally as she found it.

Her oven at home is a two part, side by side and about 15 years old, the one side oven has died, again. So she is currently saving for a new cooker and oven.

So the money is certainly hers to keep, only fair.

I am sure that when I advertise it, the usual time wasters and dreamers will all come flooding in.

But hopefully it will find a farm or place to go make someone happy.
Old 08-18-2021, 04:11 PM   #412
Grizz1963

Popped over to see Kevin Kelly this afternoon, he lives about 600 meters from me in a straight line, but 1km by road.

His Rolls Royce based Deusenberg replica is painted, body taken off one more time.

The main reason I popped over was to pick Kevin’s brain on manageing the chassis steel I had started to strip back.

He has some queens awards for engineering etc, used work in the marine environment

I really did not plan on doing much work on the chassis, rather wanting it up and running.

But typically @pauly insisted I media blast the chassis before painting it all, including the rear axle and front crossmember etc.

Anyway, Kevin suggested, based on my basic needs that I clean it up as well as I wanted, and then took me to his shed, which is a rather large brick building and pulled this tin of grey primer off the shelf.

Suggesting I paint it with the primer, followed by spraying or brushing underseal ( though PaulY suggested chassis black) over it once dried

I asked what I could pay him for it, and his reply was “It’s been there a very log time, do me a favour and use it”

I do not know the details of the paint, so if anyone knows more, please say your piece right here.

I came home for another online meeting from 3-4 then went out to the garage.

Spent about 30 minutes scraping a bit of the front bumper, then Sally got home and I cooked us a quick Rump, mushrooms and onions plus spicy rice.

Then she went home as she is up at 4.00am every day to get to work and start at 06.00

Factory work certainly sucks.
Old 08-22-2021, 07:17 AM   #413
Grizz1963

Well…..

Surprise…!!!!

Not dressed up like this for a while.

Had an invitation on Thursday to go do some training in Woolwich.

So no shorts n flip flops.

By 6.00pm it was back to normal in shorts, though I must say, it was Awesome being out and interacting with real humans. They were happy to see me as well.

Sally brought a load of high density plastic/foam pallet spacers from work.

They are used to separate layers of glass bottles used by one specific customer.

Her company sees scrap for the skip, I see materials to use for all sorts of tasks.

Friday was a busy day for work.

@pauly came over by around 4.30pm to collect some items for Woody, his C10 build and to deliver a plastic Jeep fuel tank and its steel cover for the Rezin Rockit that only needs a “Tophat” to complete it, and also a blasting pot for me to use to media blast the chassis, front and rear suspensions, as it seems a good idea to do that before painting and starting to do the rebuild of the suspension parts etc before getting a motor in here. As always a good visit and this time neither of us were crawling around under a car at 5’C as we usually do when he visits. Though there is still some time to,fix that. S10 needs lowering 😈

And in the evening Sally came over and chatted with Paul before he left in the Super Fiesta to go face evening traffic on the M25 and Dartford Crossing, headed home to Essex.

Sally, clever girl that she has become, had scavenged some stainless steel in the rubbish pile outside work, for me to go sell for her cooker fund

I gave the pieces one look and posted them onto FB Marketplace at £15 each or £25.00 for two, after checking them out online, prices range from £120.00 upward each.

So someone would have a bargain and I did not have to go weigh the stainless in.

A buyer appeared and fetched them from Leigh on Sea in Essex at 06.00 this morning, happy buyer, and cash in the kitty.

Saturday had been booked out to mate @Craigrk to help him get to some of the tasks he needs to get to before moving home to Shropshire.

Got there early, coffee, chats and catch up.

Then onto the first task…….

Try get the Chevy started.

Dismal failure, starter motor suspect.

Then we moved onto task no 2

Get his bargain at £180.00 delivered, DEAD Ride on mower going.

So drained 3..5 liters of petrol from the crank case, and when I pulled the plug, it glugged more petrol out there, then cranked it a few times to push more fuel out the head.

CLICK LINK FOR VIDEO

https://youtu.be/FLl1kHaNdlc

Craig disassembled and cleaned the carb, then reassembled it all.

Jump started from the car as the battery it came with it mullered…….

CLICK LINK FOR VIDEO

https://youtu.be/uMPqihaEJH0

After parking the mower we went in to have an awesome deli style lunch Craigs wife had put out for us.

Followed by a regroup and packing all the mechanical tools away, it was raining intermittently all day.

So we decided to rip a bunch of 4.5 meter long 2x8 inch boards Craig had scored in order for him to make up new trusses for his bike shed that is being widened by 1 meter.

All the lumber was free from a building deconstruction site where he had been fetching a load of wood from, like I did .

CLICK LINK,FOR VIDEO

https://youtu.be/ZSYDOYl3dgk

By 5.00pm we were done with the tasks I could help with so I got in the car and headed home for the 75 minute trip.

During the afternoon I posted the free bike in FB Marketplace as well for £400.00

By this morning it had over 1500 views, and about 40 enquiries.

I suspect it was “too cheap” but if Sally gets some cash and someone a cheap bike, thats nota bad thing.

Amazing how many guys offered more and wanted to collect immediately.

And this one.

I have been gazumped before and once I agreed to selling to a guy, that was locked in, in my world at least.

So waiting for the buyer to come and collect the bike today.

Fingers crossed.
Old 08-22-2021, 11:48 AM   #414
Just call me Sean

Nice mower. I call mine Mickey. Mickey Bolens.
Attached Images

Just call me Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 03:33 PM   #415
Grizz1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just call me Sean View Post
Nice mower. I call mine Mickey. Mickey Bolens.
Nice.

I suspect Craig will name his as well, he is like that.

So @pauly came and spent a couple of hours, for a change, not freezing his nuts off, though there is still time. Nice to chat, chew the fat and plan the future and world domination.

One of the things he had done in his usual style, was to convince me that media blasting would be an improved method vs the hatchet job I was doing.

Buggerrr.

Really had not planned that complexity or level of detail, though I will not regret it in the long run.

So Paul convinced me to order 125kg of glass blasting media as he had used when doing Woody, his 66 C10’s chassis.

So when Paul arrived in the Super Fiesta (tm) he came bearing gifts.

A plastic Jeep petrol tank, along with its steel cover. Needs a “Tophat” whatever that constitutes.

So rather than lug it down to the garage, the wheelbarrow came in useful to Pauls amusement , and quick pics.

Pauls highly modified and fine tuned blasting pot and accessories.

While I was out at @craigrk ‘s place my media got delivered.

And Sally moved the 25kg parcels down to the garage and out of the rain.

When I got home, I just moved them deeper under the carport.

Bloody heavy @ 25kg each.
Old 08-22-2021, 05:20 PM   #416
Grizz1963

No bootfair today.

An incredible rainstorm at 04.30 then left us sleeping late to 7.30

The buyer for the field bike arrived at 11.30 and was gone by 12.00, happy.

Sally and I had lunch around 13.00 and I really struggled to get out the house to go start the final strip down phase of the Rezin Rockit.

So by 3.30 I crawled down to the shop, followed by sally with her embroidery. Just to keep an eye on my, in case an ambulance was needed.

Got started.

One loose nut.

And close shop.

Next job will be next Sunday as Saturday is bathroom refurb day at Sallys house.

Sunday, weather permitting I need to create a catch ent area for the blast media to land and be collected.

First the frame, then the front and rear ends.

Weekend over.

Thanks for checking in.
Old 08-22-2021, 07:24 PM   #417
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

That by far is one of the weirdest looking frames I have see. I have seen a lot z-d frames for lowering, but the Resin Rockets just stands out as sorta odd to me. I guess it is just the angle of the front end.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 02:54 PM   #418
Grizz1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
That by far is one of the weirdest looking frames I have see. I have seen a lot z-d frames for lowering, but the Resin Rockets just stands out as sorta odd to me. I guess it is just the angle of the front end.
They were built for home building, so probably made to fit around the donor cars.

Ugly too.

Found this…..

Remember the gokart, destined to be a barstool racer?

Why not a pickup bed out back.

Seems the skip that keeps giving, keeps giving.

Fold up stool.

Garden kneeler or garage For Sally or Mickey.

Old 08-26-2021, 06:30 AM   #419
Grizz1963

Having taken Friday off to sort Sally’s bathroom, in order to get going on the blasting the frame and cross member and axle plus their bits…… I decided to listen to @pauly and the rest of you.

I hope these two items will be worth the £31.00 paid for them, mask and goggles are hopefully correct and decent spec.

I do not often do this part of the job right.

Maybe even a hoody and overall to try keep the sand out of my crack.
Old 08-26-2021, 09:57 AM   #420
Grizz1963

Remember the steering rag joint?

I found a small (possibly Ford) UJ in my stash, had tried to give it away before…..

Now I may need it myself.

Advice time I guess.

What we have .

Splines look to be different size, but I think it is an optical illusion.

What I found.

Cut off the rag joint, reshape the shaft to triangular, bolt on the UJ?

Then there is this advice option.

Thanks to mate Edd @boidieanbdoyle for this.

Or a new rubber for 15quid? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Cort...-127635-2958-0

So grind/drill out rivets and bolt in replacement.

Conundrum?
Old 08-26-2021, 10:12 AM   #421
Grizz1963

Amazing how clever the internet is.

[quote author="@kevins" source="/post/2694528/thread" timestamp="1629986367"]If you went the route of using the u/j you would have to be careful to get the phasing with the joint on the other end right otherwise it will feel lumpy.[/quote]

Good call on the phasing, another bit of good advice from mate Edd.

Well I'd personally order a rubber, less chance to slip with the grinder. But if you do cut it, read this https://www.drivelinesnw.com/part-tr...lysis/phasing/

Old 08-27-2021, 03:44 PM   #422
Grizz1963

[font size="7"][font color="19e619"]NOT SO UNPREDICTABLE CHANGE OF DIRECTION.[/font][/font]

so after quite a bit of thought, and chatting to various people, including those who spend my cash regularly, and a dose of my own opinion and ideas, I decided to see if a £500.00 MX5 Donor could be found.

And then ot happened…….. a certain member I have known for 15 years or so, offered me a deal I wanted to, but did not resist.

Stored about 4 years in a barn…….

Dusty.

Complete, except for the catalytic converter……..

And 283 miles from me.

Delivery in exchange for a cuppa tea and cookies and an hours chat.

So a price was agreed, and two photos came my way.

First pic absolutely sold it for me

Second one meant that I could check the MOT history.

Slightly better award winning photography.

So I checked the MOT history.

Note the low mileage. 68190 miles. Car was registered end of December 2000

A quick search, based on the registration showed it to be a 1600cc engine.

Delivery has been scheduled for Sunday, given that all the planets align.

I am sure those of you in the know will recognise who the seller is, based on the origin of the delivery road trip. Our very own KFW.

So tomorrow morning I will have to cut down the body table and add wheels to it, to make it mobile as the plan is to park the MX5 under cover.

PS. I always wanted a canary yellow car or truck.

Wish about to be fulfilled.

Old 08-27-2021, 05:52 PM   #423
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Nice donor. Looking forward to seeing you get into it.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 03:25 PM   #424
Grizz1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
Nice donor. Looking forward to seeing you get into it.
Thanks Bill,

I hope it is as easy as some make it look.

Though I do doubt it will be.
Old 08-28-2021, 03:26 PM   #425
Grizz1963

Who needs Enema’s

Friends like this, love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkplug View Post
Was fully expecting the write up to be here already by the time I got home

I won't spoil the surprise too much - only to say I had a cracking day with a great mix of serious work and some childish messing around.

Smiles all round :thumb2

Grizzmas presents were exchanged and aside from some works which slowed me down by 15 mins on the way down before the Blackwall Tunnel and the miles and miles of stationary traffic before, during and after the Blackwall tunnel coming home there wasn't too much drama.

I 'lost' another 15 mins on the way home as I stopped for a couple of bikes on the hard shoulder. Unfortunately one of them had a puncture and it's the one thing I didn't have in the van. They'd been waiting 3 hours for the AA and still had a 3 hour ride back to Lincolnshire. Nice lads, grateful I'd stopped. Left them with a bag of peanuts and a bottle of water each which put a smile on their faces too.

My only 'spoiler' has to be my revelation as to why Grizz has the back problems that he does.

A broken broom handle just means a shorter broom handle. Still has plenty of life left in it and until he finds a long handle with no brush head on it in a skip this one will do just fine

The rest of the story is Rian's to tell, as it's his thread and he has enough suitable ammunition to poke a bit of fun back at me so....