The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-21-2021, 03:16 PM   #1
royr

Dual exhaust fit problem

Installing a Lmc trucks sourced dual exhaust( pretty sure its Hearttrob). Running into a problem with the passenger extension pipe that runs over the top of the transfer case. The pipe heads for the floor to the point you can't get the muffler on. Has anyone run into this and what was your solution? Thanks

p.s. I've seen some posts where others don't mention a problem with the heartthrob, puzzling.
royr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 06:30 PM   #2
towjamin

Re: Dual exhaust fit problem

i had the similar problem with that exhaust (yes they get it from heartthrob) on a 1970 blazer with a 350 with stock center dump manifolds on it , i had to have them make me a 1 1/2 inch shorter head pipe (from bottom of manifold to bottom of pipe) to clear the transfer case, and i had to have them make me a mirror image of the driver side tail pipe to get it to come out in the right place and be level with the driver side. I had about 6 hours on the passenger side exhaust to get it routed around everything and come out level, and i had the body off the chassis when i did this one and i do have pics but no clue how to get them off my phone
towjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 11:06 AM   #3
royr

Re: Dual exhaust fit problem

I did the same for my 71 Jimmy, had them make me a shorter drop head pipe. I didn't have issue with the rear exit, it's a little different the driver but acceptable to me anyway. HT should fix their kit. Appreciate your response!

Quote:
Originally Posted by towjamin View Post
i had the similar problem with that exhaust (yes they get it from heartthrob) on a 1970 blazer with a 350 with stock center dump manifolds on it , i had to have them make me a 1 1/2 inch shorter head pipe (from bottom of manifold to bottom of pipe) to clear the transfer case, and i had to have them make me a mirror image of the driver side tail pipe to get it to come out in the right place and be level with the driver side. I had about 6 hours on the passenger side exhaust to get it routed around everything and come out level, and i had the body off the chassis when i did this one and i do have pics but no clue how to get them off my phone
royr is offline   Reply With Quote