The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-25-2022, 02:31 PM   #1
Ecartman84

Please do not buy from Affordable Fuel Injection Inc

I ordered an Optimum EFI system and spent months trying to make it work on my truck. The kit never ran right and the truck would randomly die. The only way to troubleshoot the issue was to purchase a scan tool, and I went through three of them before I could find one that would connect to the computer. This was after Norm insisted that any scan tool, including the cheapest ones, would work fine with the kit. I talked with Norm about a partial refund and was told to send back my kit at my expense for testing and he would get back to me about the refund. It has now been since Jun 28, 2022 when Norm had confirmed that he received my kit, but I have not heard anything back about a refund. This kit was basically $1,477.25 down the drain and wasted months of my life. After being told over and over that it was something I did wrong during the install I ended up installing an Edelbrock kit and it worked great out of the box. Don't waste your time or money with Affordable Fuel Injection.
Ecartman84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 02:43 PM   #2
RustyPile

Re: Please do not buy from Affordable Fuel Injection Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecartman84 View Post
I ordered an Optimum EFI system and spent months trying to make it work on my truck. The kit never ran right and the truck would randomly die. The only way to troubleshoot the issue was to purchase a scan tool, and I went through three of them before I could find one that would connect to the computer. This was after Norm insisted that any scan tool, including the cheapest ones, would work fine with the kit. I talked with Norm about a partial refund and was told to send back my kit at my expense for testing and he would get back to me about the refund. It has now been since Jun 28, 2022 when Norm had confirmed that he received my kit, but I have not heard anything back about a refund. This kit was basically $1,477.25 down the drain and wasted months of my life. After being told over and over that it was something I did wrong during the install I ended up installing an Edelbrock kit and it worked great out of the box. Don't waste your time or money with Affordable Fuel Injection.
Have you discussed this with a lawyer??
RustyPile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 02:44 PM   #3
michael bustamante

file with bbb as well, sounds like poor interactions
Old 11-26-2022, 02:48 PM   #4
54blackhornet

In situations like this I fall back on a proven solution. Just tell the A$$hole you are instructing your 14 year old daughter to spread the word on social media about your experience. You have already started the process on this site. If the idiot has any brains at all he will figure it out asap.
Old 12-17-2022, 08:59 AM   #5
special-K
Special Order

Please keep us updated

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote