The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-05-2022, 07:51 AM   #51
special-K
Special Order

Re: When do you put up Christmas lights ?

Some frisky fillies right there! Too young for me to consider as cougars, though Mighty sexy in those boots. But where are their knee pads? There's something about a woman wearing knee pads that turns me on. Not sure why

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
I don't do heights very well BUT I'LL LEARN ON THE JOB TO WORK WITH THAT CREW ! I'll be the ground guy all day and always be willing to work overtime ! WOW !
I ran a siding company. I'd list help wanted ads and get guys saying they don't climb ladders, do heights. That led to a one question interview, "Why did you respond?"

I had a guy start working on my siding crew, starting as a cutter. That's a job on the ground but they have to bring material up the ladder to the hanger. First day we started on the back of a set of walk-out townhouses (3-story backwalls) with framed chimney chases we hung siding on, which meant fully extended 40' ladder at the top.
The grade on the side sloped from the 2-story front to the at grade basement. Dirt was spilled around the corner covering the wall where we had to start installing siding. When I told my new hire to start running the siding up the face of a chimney chase he told me he only worked on the ground. I told him "Go borrow a shovel from the plumbers and start working on 'that' ground", pointing to the corner.

I had a cute gal working for me, and she was good. She was on a girl's softball team and many of those gals worked outside or labor type jobs. I wanted to hire an all girl crew, but it never happened. My thoughts were that crew would get to be well-known as "that all girl siding crew". Who needs signs on the door or any advertising when no one would remember the name but all would know That All Woman Siding Crew. I probably could have gotten minority loans (or charged guys to watch )

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 12-05-2022 at 11:10 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 07:37 PM   #52
Tom
driving is in my blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
When do you put up Christmas lights ?
When I move in. Just leave them off the rest of the year except when people need help finding me lol
-CBR600F4i, CBR600RR, CBR1000RR, and standup skis
DISCLAIMER: I cant spell for the life of me.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 09:57 PM   #53
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
When I move in. Just leave them off the rest of the year except when people need help finding me lol
Perfect. You are an inspiration

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 12-06-2022, 12:04 AM   #54
3757chevy

I didn't put these on this old boy ,but he was in my yard this morning wearing a string of somebody's lights.
Attached Images

MIKE
3757chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 03:14 PM   #55
dieseldawg142

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
But where are their knee pads? There's something about a woman wearing knee pads that turns me on. Not sure why

I had a cute gal working for me, and she was good. She was on a girl's softball team and many of those gals worked outside or labor type jobs. I wanted to hire an all girl crew, but it never happened. My thoughts were that crew would get to be well-known as "that all girl siding crew". Who needs signs on the door or any advertising when no one would remember the name but all would know That All Woman Siding Crew. I probably could have gotten minority loans (or charged guys to watch )
kneepads you say?
Name:  images (1).jpg
Views: 62
Size:  13.8 KBName:  images (2).jpg
Views: 61
Size:  11.6 KBName:  images (3).jpg
Size:  9.8 KB

i used to work with a pretty cute gal for about 4 yrs, then the boss kicked her upstairs to become the company safety rep...i will admit, sometimes it can slow ya down.
there used to be a catering company (food trucks) called Hollandia, and they would send their trucks to jobsites staffed by hot girls in skimpy outfits. when they showed up, the whole job would shut down as everyone raced down to the truck...and ya, i'm just as guilty, even if i wasn't hungry, i would go spend 5 bucks on a bottle of water just because...sadly some certain groups whined loud enough to force them to shut down. personally i though it was a great bizness plan myself, and the girls seemed to make a lot of money...

oh yeah, put up my charlie brown tree last nite, so my work for the holidays is done, wifey decorates it, not me. she doesn't appreciate wrenches and hot wheels ornaments...
Name:  IMG_1030.jpg
Size:  52.7 KB
dieseldawg142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 08:25 AM   #56
special-K
Special Order

What I came up with comparing hiring a female to hiring a lot of males is the woman has something to prove. They do all they can to assure they don't come up short on performance. When they find a man's world business that will hire them they do all they can to keep that job and prove they are worth as much pay as a man. For most guys it's just another job they can find anywhere, it's better than nothing, and just the best pay they'll see with a HS diploma or none... or police record or other deterrents from entering higher pay/more cushy job markets. Other than the novelty and free advertising, that's why I wanted an all woman crew. I'm sure they would be out to show they can do better than the other crews in the face of all the doubt. That's my take on it. Never got to prove it, though

Tim

Old 12-14-2022, 07:10 AM   #57
special-K
Special Order

Something about this year and getting lights up. first, it didn't happen Thanksgiving weekend like I usually do. I got the ladder out and most lights up the following weekend. But some lights needed work. By the next weekend I had most of that taken care of or replaced. I decided to add some lights, so that extended it into last weekend. The last set of lights I bought last weekend turned out to be duds and yesterday I got to Ace to replace. I'll string those up this morning and finally be done.

We've talked about when we put the lights up but no pictures, ey?

Tim