The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-19-2022, 02:39 AM   #1
HeavyD

Nice 81-87 cab & door value??

Ok, I try to make a long story short..

A couple years ago bought an 83 GMC base model (lwb 2wd 305) off wife's uncle for $1500..she wants in on the car scene despite warnings of cost.

Finds out how much to make it "juicy" her term for nice, and she spins out at paint and body cost, engine stuff, yada.

Sell to mechanic who wants cab and doors since they are pretty good for here, in minute of stupidity sell it to him.

Year later wife realizes family heirloom is gone and SNAPS..I am in doghouse..still.

Offered 2K, 3K, then 5K for truck, he says will only trade for nice cab and doors, no sale.

Sooo..what is a "nice" cab with doors worth? I am thinking I will call All American Classics in WA Monday as I see their ad a ton on IG, but they are 19 hrs from me and this opens up a wide area I can travel to in that distance to bring it home or maybe even have one shipped..as winter sucks with a trailer and a 15mpg 5.4 Ferd to pull it with

Anyone with an idea of going rate? Can't need much for rust work or he won't take it naturally.
Old 11-19-2022, 12:52 PM   #2
Just call me Sean

Re: Nice 81-87 cab & door value??

You should fix up the doghouse.
Just call me Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 12:21 AM   #3
HeavyD

Hah, the dog I think actually ranks higher in the pecking order!
Old 11-20-2022, 09:47 AM   #4
kipps

About three years ago, there was a guy on here offering an immaculate cab and front clip for $4k, shipped across the country from Arizona, since he was traveling east anyway for the holidays. Paint was peeling, but the metal was completely solid with no rust or dents whatsoever. I should have bought it at that price, but I was short on money at the time.
1987 C6P V20 truck, 2010 LMG 5.3, AFM delete, 2010 Camaro exhaust manifolds, 1997 nv4500, 1991 np241c, hydroboost, 2005 14bff axle & driveshaft, drop-n-lock gooseneck, 4.10 gears, stock suspension, rims, and tires. Still a work in progress. Any questions or suggestions are welcome!
kipps is offline   Reply With Quote