The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-15-2014, 09:25 PM   #1
bark

Efi live

Who has bought efi live, and how long did it take to figure it out, looking to use it on my next swap, instead of buying a tuned ecu.

Thanks
bark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:49 PM   #2
wgeyer88

Re: Efi live

I can't comment on EFI Live, but I bought HPTuners for the same reason. From reading online, it seems to be more user (noob) friendly. HPTuners also has a large forum that includes a tune database seems to be pretty useful. I haven't done any tuning with the software, but I did delete all the emissions stuff and it was really simple!

The resale value is also really good if you look on ls1tech.com. I figured if I don't end up using it much, I can sell it and only lose the money I would have paid to have the ECU tuned, maybe slightly more.

Sorry I'm not more helpful on EFI Live.

1970 CST10 SWB LQ4/4L80E
2004 Silverado (sold)
2007.5 Dodge Ram 2500
wgeyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:50 PM   #3
truckdude239

I'd recommend he tuners as many guys here use that and if there's any questions you could email your tune file and they could look over it.

1971 Chevy c-10 under going a 4.8l LSx swap

Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=421305

2007 Honda Accord my daily 145kmiles
2002 Honda Accord 4 door With 330k(sisters car)
2005 toyota Avalon 228k( brothers car)
2002 Sububran 5.3 245k
2000 Tahoe 5.3l 378

General manager for Marco's Carwash & lube
truckdude239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 01:28 AM   #4
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bark View Post
Who has bought efi live, and how long did it take to figure it out, looking to use it on my next swap, instead of buying a tuned ecu.

Thanks
EFI Live works on pretty much the same basis as HP Tuners, they just use slightly different styles of achieving the same things. overall the HPT community is a little easier to access. EFI Live comes with Custom OS options for free with the price, while HP Tuners has an upgraded credit cost.

The thing is that if you do a custom OS on the HP Tuners system, you can live-tune the vehicle, which is an extremely nice feature that you otherwise only see on standalone systems.

HP Tuners can work as a "cut and paste" system, allowing for people to easily buy it for themselves, download a tune with VATS and emissions taken out, and be done all in about 2 hours. You can STILL have a pro tuner at a dyno tune your truck, but they will just use YOUR cable and dongle. The credits with HP are stored in that dongle.

I find that its a little more common to find brick-n-mortar tuners using HP Tuners because of its enterprise price structure. With Chevy in particular, HP is market-leader. There are also other options a little further out of the box, if your adventurous.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote