The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2019, 12:20 AM   #11
Scott2

Re: Vintage Air Top Mount Squeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebra View Post
What belt and tensioner are you using? I put a new alternator on mine as I thought it may have bearing issues....belt squeal just got louder. Thus far I have tried 2 different tensioners, 2 belts (Gates K061115-111.29" and K061123-112.37") and I just ordered K061120-111.99" as 1123 is too long (squeal on acceleration) and K061115 is too short (had to pry on and it squealed constantly), and more shims and adjustments than I can even recall. I still think the tensioner is too weak for such a long belt, I can move it by hand. My Audi 4 banger has a much more robust tensioner and the original GM tensioner for the long belt was very robust. I have over 20 hours and $150 in belts/tensioners in trying to get this thing to work.

On a side note, every time I request a refund from Vintage Air they send me to Kwik. The Kwik folks said they had a new prototype to fix issues and would send me one but never have. I am getting pretty annoyed that VA keeps sending me to Kwik when VA is the one that sold me the kit.

Sorry - haven’t checked in for a bit. I am using all the stock pulleys and alternator that came with my 2006 LQ4 truck motor, with the Kwik AC bracket and whatever tensioner comes with the kit. I am using a MasterPro K061130 belt. Seems to work fine at this point.