The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2020, 11:07 AM   #11
toddoky

Re: Hooker Blackheart 1967-72 C10 Truck LS/LT Swap System Info Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman34 View Post
Our son and I are working on a '72 C10 Fleetside that we've completely redone virtually all of the front end on, Wilwood disc brake conversion, RideTech StreetGrip install, and new steering set-up incl. a new Borgeson steering box. Next up will be a new exhaust system once we get a few wiring items straightened out.

Our present set up is a 1st gen 350 w/TH350. Has a carb w/headers. Exhaust comes out directly in front of the rear wheels. Gas tank has been relocated to the rear. Previous owners put Cherry Bomb Extreme's on. The drone is excessive and wears on us after 10 minutes or so.

Our eventual goal is a daily driver. An exhaust system is next up for us. Just found the Blackheart system and we're very interested & looks like this could very well be a potential option for us. Since we have a 1st gen SBC w/headers, we are uncertain if this set up would be compatible with what we have. We are interested in the Borla S-Type exhaust as well, due to presumably having "no drone". We'd prefer to have the exhaust come out the back, but be nearly hidden, perhaps just seeing the tips below the rear bumper.

Do these mufflers have any drone?
How do they compare to the Borla S-Type?
Are you able to purchase this system, if it could work with our 1st gen set-up, without the mufflers that come with it?

Two pics included which are from when we originally purchased the truck in October.

Appreciate any input you all might have!
Ryan D.
Orlando, FL
Nice truck. I can't offer you a direct answer to your question as I've not evaluated this particular exhaust system installed on a SB Chevy powered C10 at this point in time. I can however say that I personally use the similar Hooker Blackheart 1973-87 C10 exhaust system on my SB powered 1979 Chevy truck and get zero drone from it. I don't know anything about the Borla mufflers you mentioned, so I can't make a comparative assessment of them compared to the mufflers used in the Hooker Blackheart system. The systems are only sold complete with mufflers.

Last edited by toddoky; 01-24-2020 at 11:18 AM.
toddoky is offline   Reply With Quote