The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2020, 05:40 PM   #1
daveshilling

Corvette Regulator with a stock 5.3 return line Fuel rail

Okay yall, so I messed up. Help me figure out the overall best move here:

I bought a Tanks, Inc tank over the phone and they were like "You want the fuel install kit" and I said yes... but only later.. AFTER cutting lines, installing fittings, installing the Vette Regulator/filter.. did I see its for returnless rails only.

What I need to choose between:

Approach 1: Keep the return style rails, and:

Ditch the vette regulator and buy a filter instead: $30 for the filter, will probably resell the vette regulator and make $20? net $10

Buy 10 more feel of Russell Twist Lok fuel line - $50

Buy an AN-6 male-to male adapter, another twist Lok fitting, and another QC for the return rail to extend the return line I've already cut to length (makes the tank easier to remove anyways) - $30

I've spent $90 extra, I have a frame mounted filter, and I have a return line, which the engine is designed for and I assume the PCM is expecting.

Approach 2: Swap out the return style rail for a returnless rail

Cost:? will a later year 5.3 returnless line work okay? Will it even fit? Are the injector plugs different? Are the injectors different? Will the PCM be displeased?

I've seen anywhere from "Ditch the vette piece, run a return line/Just plug the return, its fiiiiiine (no)/Buy a returnless billet piece from eBay/ etc"

The $90 and be done with the research option looks good, but if I can swap the rails with no drama, that might be cheaper and better!
daveshilling is offline   Reply With Quote