The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-07-2021, 10:01 AM   #1
blazer2007

LMC-Brothers-Classic. which to use during pandemic

I need some widow seals, cowl screen and some other small stuff but was wondering who you have used during this virus. Someone who still has fairly fast shipping. I don,t want to wait months for parts.
blazer2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 11:20 AM   #2
Dead Parrot

Re: LMC-Brothers-Classic. which to use during pandemic

Don't have a specific company recommendation. Call and verify that something is in stock before ordering. You may have to split your order across several companies with the bad side effect of higher shipping costs.

A recent update from a board game company I frequently buy stuff from advised that it takes 8-10 weeks from the time a container is ready for shipment in SE Asia to that container being unloaded in a US port. Then it has to clear customs and then find a ride on a truck to their warehouse.

Even if a thing you want claims to be Made in USA, it may still need raw materials that are subject to that 8-10 week shipping delay.

Might have to use less traditional sources. I recently needed a couple of 30A breakers for a sub-panel expansion in a barn. All the usual local sources were out with no idea on a restock. Amazon had them at triple the normal $10 price. Found them on Walmart.com via one of their affiliate vendors. Received them about a week after ordering. Price was $6 over the Lowes/HD empty shelf price but shipping was free.
Dead Parrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 11:52 AM   #3
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazer2007 View Post
I need some widow seals, cowl screen and some other small stuff but was wondering who you have used during this virus. Someone who still has fairly fast shipping. I don,t want to wait months for parts.
Window seals, I would get from Precision. Small stuff, you probably won't have any troubles. I get a lot of small stuff from LMC, and it has all come quickly. I have never ever had good luck with Brothers. So I don't even look at their website anymore.
It really just depends on the parts. USA1 is having issues with the big stuff, door panels and stuff, but that's almost at all the places that sell items like door panels. Best thing to do, is like Dead Parrot said, call first if you're really concerned about out of stock items. And that's what's causing shipping delays, is being out of stock.
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 10:20 PM   #4
84 400
Sb 400 club

I am going to doing a blitz rebuild on my 77 this week and have been ordering parts for months…. LMC has been the best for me to deal with and then UsA1. Plan way ahead and order early and call for the beat experience.

For metal i tried AMD but alot was back order when LMC had it in-stock.
1980 Corvette L-48 4 speed
1992 Mustang GT built 5.0 5 speed

1985 C10 LWB Sold
1982 K10 SWB plow truck Parted out
1986 D30 M1028 fire brush truck Parted out
84 400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 12:04 PM   #5
69Tom

I've used both and at this point in time, I've gotten stuff relatively quickly. Seems like it's mostly back to normal provided they have the part in stock (which is not back to normal).
69Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 03:45 PM   #6
Nick_R_23

I use LMC mostly, or Classic if it’s not available. Stay far away from Brothers, they have terrible customer service.
Nick_R_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 06:01 PM   #7
Joetown Parrothead

I live 40 miles from LMC, we have been redoing my truck all winter. LMC only had about 5 items we had to source elsewhere. Plus they were great about taking back parts that didn’t fit just right..
Joetown Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 08:27 PM   #8
Factory Guy

Both Lmc and Classic are in my town. However I have been buying from Classic. Never tried Brothers.
Factory Guy is offline   Reply With Quote