The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-24-2022, 07:07 AM   #1
special-K
Special Order

Re: Rough Country 4" Lift question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanblindguy View Post
This is a tough comparison because for a front spring/rear block kit your comparing a $450ish (RC) kit to a $1450ish (TC) kit.
Price always makes a good point for comparison here. $1,400ish will get you the full TC kit including rear springs and shocks. The kit with rear blocks is more like $675. But I went cheap with Superlift 4" (front) springs on my '72 K2500 because at that time it was buy those or keep on waiting. I regret that I didn't keep on waiting. I saved money by using Add-A-Leafs on the rear with 2" blocks I already had. So cheapest possible 4" lift. More like initially cheapest possible 4" lift turned expensive, since I can't wait to spend the money on EZ-ride fronts and either a shackle flip in the rear or splurge on rear springs. I have used Tuff country all around on a few trucks and they all had rides I was very pleased with. With these Superlifts on the front I'm concerned something will break. It feels like no give at all. I never heard my hood jar going over bumps before now. Buy direct through Suspension Connection for best prices on TC.

My Superlifts came from National Tire in Wheeling, WV. They are listed as the suspension special, no brand given due to lower than retail price. I was happy to see the were Superlift from my positive prior experience. Maybe it's the shocks. I think I got gas

I ran Superlift 4" springs on an '84 Chevy back before the notion of good riding lift springs and I remember that truck riding nicely. Maybe it wasn't that great, but I definitely don't remember a terribly harsh ride. I feel gas shocks ride tighter than hydraulic in hiway use, so I ran Heckathorn hydraulic shocks, not gas. Gas shocks came about for off road racing to prevent cavitation due to hot oil after constant repeated cycling over the harshest roads at high speed. I don't do that with my trucks, so hydraulic is better for my uses.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 10-24-2022 at 07:25 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote