The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2024, 09:00 PM   #1
'68OrangeSunshine

2003 Tahoe -- Driver Side Switch Panel Glitches

I just got this '03 2WD Tahoe, LS 4.8. The switches in the drivers door panel don't always work right.

1] The Rear View Mirror switch will let you set the LH mirror OK, but if You move the rocker switch right to adjust the Passenger mirror, it goes all screwy, and both mirrors dive for the Curb View mode. Turning Ignition Off, then On lets you reset the Drivers mirror. Passenger mirror is Tabu. Stuck in curb view.

2] Doors Unlock/Lock switch doesn't always work right. Both Rear Doors won't relock. Has to be done manually. Putting the Shifter in Park and cutting Ignition opens ALL door locks. I'm told this is a factory setting, but it's a PIA when I am Downtown to work and running late. Popping around to each of 6 doors [4 plus back barndoors] is time consuming. But it's better than the alternative of going unlocked and some crackhead lifting any of my power tools, or the surprise of some homeless guy sleeping in my truck.

3] Sometimes the Window Up/Down buttons don't work. Turning on the Door Locks master control button doesn't always work. Driver's window works -- mostly. Passenger forward window works sometimes. Or goes Down but not Up. Sometimes the switch on the passenger door works it, sometimes not. The other day, the rear RH window went down to half-mast unprompted, after Ignition was made, It was a hot afternoon, and the front Passenger wouldn't go down, so I left it during the run home. When I got home, I had to use the local window switch on Door #3.
Door #4 [LHR] Forget it. Doesn't work.

4] Is an Audio problem. The PO's CD is locked inside the CD/Cassette/AM/FM/Radio. Don't know how to eject it, nor how to play cassettes. I can tube in FM on local stations. Not interested in XM Satellite reception.

5] Temperature and Compass functions in the Rear View Mirror on the Windshield are Dead.

Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292, whether it needs it or not.

Last edited by '68OrangeSunshine; 04-21-2024 at 09:08 PM.
'68OrangeSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote