The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2022, 02:55 AM   #11
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

I am sooooo looking forward to an early finish tomorrow as the last three weeks have been a bit full on.

And there is talk of another restructure for Q3 so June/July sh!t will happen for some of us, kills my head.

Last night after I got home and wrapped the work day up, I needed a small win to just help my head relax a bit.

So I grabbed the badges @peteh1969 had printed for me, and the paints that @gentabout Dean had brought over on the weekend and sat down indoors.

Starting with the Piggy Pink, I soon realised that I needed much more light, and a pair of reading glasses as some of the colour inserts are very small.

These is also paint spillage that will be corrected when I do the final fill with black on the raised edges, followed by application of a clear sealing coat as directed by Pete.

Piggy Pink done.

Bloody slow job.

At this point I poured a sherry.

Yes, something sweet.

I also decided to add some Silver to the Rocket as the black as per original artwork would blend too much and get a bit heavy.

Glad I did.

And finally I had to step away from the paint.

And closer up for the Zoomers.

Next job will be black edges etc to tidy it all up, followed by clear over the whole lot.

And no, not going to resin fill them, though it is extremely tempting.

I suspect that I would get caught out by the curing times and bubbles in the corners when you look at just how fine the tolerance is on some parts here.

So compared to the original from page one of the build thread, I am happy with the result.

Even from 3 foot they will look fine.

I trust.

u][/u]

And 3, 2 , 1 and back to reality and the day job.

Almost the weekend.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote