The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board > 99-06 Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-13-2018, 08:15 PM   #1
vht

01 GMC 1500 4x4

It's a shame there isn't more builds on here. I have a 01 that I'd like to redo. It's my daily so have to work on it a little at a time. Going to raise it a couple inches, don't like the tires sticking out a mile. Thinking about using the ION wheel from Summit, 16x8, they are the 133 series. Getting rid of the 2 tone, green and kind of light brown or gold on the bottom. Thinking of emerald green single stage. Rock Auto has a ton of stuff, head lights, grilles etc for pretty cheap. It has around 200,000 on it now, going to be a budget build. It has rust in the rockers, cab corners, over rear wheels, and the rear bumper. Anyone out there doing one or have any pics for inspiration? I'll use it for towing my gasser and I burn wood in the garage so it gets used.
vht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 07:57 AM   #2
Shelby0099

Re: 01 GMC 1500 4x4

It is a shame there aren't more builds, i've got a 2000 Silverado 5.3, 2wd, lots of rust and now I lost 3rd gear. I bought the truck because of the motor but since driving it I really love it, I'm considering my options but it's either gonna be sold entirely, pull the drivetrain or spend the time and fix the frame and transmission or do a 4wd conversion. But it's so much easier to just go a buy another with 4wd then do solid axle swap. I will post pics of whatever I decide.
Shelby0099 is offline   Reply With Quote