The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-13-2020, 10:08 AM   #1
hooverfish

Randy500

Well POA valve that Randy sold me was no good but he just blew me off.
Said there must be something wrong with a/c system on my truck.

My advice: don't do business with this person (if he's ever reinstated to the forum).

"It's a sorry man who can't find his wife a good job"
hooverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 04:14 PM   #2
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Re: Randy500

He is permanently banned
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 06:44 AM   #3
special-K
Special Order

Watch out for Randy Lucero anywhere else you see him. Since his banishing I have had more people than I can count, first curious what happened, then spilling out their complaints as well as others bad issues other members have had. If anyone else is curious why he was banned, all I'll say is ask around you will soon get a good picture of who he was and how he treated people. A bad actor. I'm sorry he screwed you over on the POA valve. I wish I had smelled this rat sooner.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 09:46 AM   #4
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

I only wish that most of these folks would had come forward when the incidents happened. It may had saved others from having problems. We have a handful of people defending this users actions. He did have good relationships with some. What they need to understand is we have many folks who did not. If this applies to you, be grateful you are not one of the ones that did not.
Old 08-25-2020, 02:36 PM   #5
specialtyretail
So,, what else you got???

Damn, I consider myself lucky. I hate to hear this, about ANYONE on this board, but you just really never know.
Old 10-01-2020, 04:36 PM   #6
jamie72

I been seeing him pushing parts on facbook alot now.

member #807

http://www.myspace.com/whitetailobsession
www.antlertalk.com
jamie72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 09:56 AM   #7
1971Stepside
Almost Satisfied

I purchased a column from him and had no issues with the transaction. He had even sent me his cell number and we communicated a few times about the wire covers for the tilt columns. I guess I am now wondering if my column is what it is supposed to be on the inside?? These post about him don't really explain if he just didn't follow through on sales or if he was selling rebuilt stuff that wasn't.
1971 C10 Stepside. LSx 6.0 with BTR Stage IV, Speed Engineering Headers, 4L80e transmission w/3200 Circle-D Stall. 3.73. Posi. Purchased this truck when I was 17. I started the rebuild (or take apart) in 1993. I have drug it around all over the country in pieces. Finally back on the road in 2021.

"I can't complain, but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far."
1971Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 10:44 AM   #8
hooverfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971Stepside View Post
I purchased a column from him and had no issues with the transaction. He had even sent me his cell number and we communicated a few times about the wire covers for the tilt columns. I guess I am now wondering if my column is what it is supposed to be on the inside?? These post about him don't really explain if he just didn't follow through on sales or if he was selling rebuilt stuff that wasn't.
I think your column is probably fine. I don't think Randy is a bad person.
He did sell some bad parts but maybe unintentional.
I just have a problem with sellers who won't take a return when the
buyer is willing pay return shipping.

Maybe it's time to lock this thread and move on ?

"It's a sorry man who can't find his wife a good job"
hooverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 11:21 AM   #9
1971Stepside
Almost Satisfied

Quote:
I think your column is probably fine. I don't think Randy is a bad person.
Thank you. I think you are right. I had the shop pull the column open this morning as they were about to paint it. The wiring is bad on the turn signal switch (bare wires) so that will have to be replaced, but otherwise it looked good.
1971 C10 Stepside. LSx 6.0 with BTR Stage IV, Speed Engineering Headers, 4L80e transmission w/3200 Circle-D Stall. 3.73. Posi. Purchased this truck when I was 17. I started the rebuild (or take apart) in 1993. I have drug it around all over the country in pieces. Finally back on the road in 2021.

"I can't complain, but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far."
1971Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 02:47 PM   #10
Killer Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
I only wish that most of these folks would had come forward when the incidents happened. It may had saved others from having problems. We have a handful of people defending this users actions. He did have good relationships with some. What they need to understand is we have many folks who did not. If this applies to you, be grateful you are not one of the ones that did not.
bold emphasis mine. if this was truly important to you, should have installed trader ratings a long time ago..

bantering with me over who is going to ask Josh who I have personally never seen post here is just a waste of time..

in the mean time more and more of your loyal paying members are getting bamboozled..

and some that may be on the fence of trading fairly or not may fall to the better side to maintain good reviews..

there really is absolutely no good reason not to activate it immediately and encourage your membership to use it.
Old 10-19-2020, 04:50 PM   #11
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
bold emphasis mine. if this was truly important to you, should have installed trader ratings a long time ago..
We had a rating system in place for years. It was abused and taken out. Maybe it is time to look into it with the upgrade. Why wouldn't it be important to me? I am the one who ends up mediating most bad deals. However, I can not do that if I am unaware there is a bad deal.

We have a review area, reported posts and feedback. I truly do apologize if that is not what you feel works. Most times it does, many more times than the seller rep ratings ever did previously.

Quote:
bantering with me over who is going to ask Josh who I have personally never seen post here is just a waste of time..
Discussing? Because you do not agree with what is said does not qualify it as banter. I would think the quote here is though? I can assure you Josh is a real human person. He works full time, runs the site and if you look on his profile, does post. Unfortunatly it is not as often as when the site was small.

Quote:
in the mean time more and more of your loyal paying members are getting bamboozled..

and some that may be on the fence of trading fairly or not may fall to the better side to maintain good reviews..

there really is absolutely no good reason not to activate it immediately and encourage your membership to use it.
I really do appreciate your thoughts and ideas. You should probably sign up for staff when we request again.

Thanks and rest assured we do have the communities best interest at heart. Even the members that enjoy to stir the pot every now and then.
Old 10-19-2020, 06:01 PM   #12
rharris

This is an unfortunate. I didn't know the guy personally and I never bought anything from him, but he did lend me a hand on a small project with nothing in return from my end besides a thank you. He treated me well, but I guess on the business end it was different.
rharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 08:00 PM   #13
best view

He has been awsome with me I have spent a lot of money with him he’s one of my favorites and would chime in on here with his dealing on working on things with pics those people are few and iam sad he’s gone
best view is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 09:44 AM   #14
special-K
Special Order

Randy wasn't all bad. In fact, he was a very helpful poster on the message board. He brought services and good parts to the board that helped a lot of members. He went beyond just selling the part. I have heard all that, too. But he wasn't all good either. He messed up

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 01:07 PM   #15
19Suburban69

I bought one of his wiper delay switches. Doesn't work and he won't return email messages. Glad it was a low buck purchase.

1969 Chevy C20 Suburban, 6.0 LS w/4L80

2001 Silverado Z71, 5.3 extended cab
19Suburban69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 02:36 PM   #16
Thealien

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Randy wasn't all bad. In fact, he was a very helpful poster on the message board. He brought services and good parts to the board that helped a lot of members. He went beyond just selling the part. I have heard all that, too. But he wasn't all good either. He messed up
Someone once told me a whole lot of atta boys get erased by one oh S**t!

I bought a short tilt from him. I have not installed it yet (probably a year away). I hope I have no problems but it is what it is. I am sure it will be just fine (I hope).
Thealien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 10:23 PM   #17
TBONE1964
Cluster King

I have met Randy, I have bought parts from Randy, Randy has bought parts from me. Do I trust Randy, not as far as I could throw him.

I think he feeds on the gullible folks who may have questions. I have seen his communication with others and it seemed a little different than his communication with me.

Its really funny to me what people that don't know you will tell you about someone else.

I am also a dealer for Counterpart for gauge cluster parts only.

Also see my facebook page, CG&C
TBONE1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 11:06 PM   #18
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Unhappy Re: Randy500

Interesting, not sure how I missed this thread after so many months. But very early on my membership here I bought a tilt shorten column from him. It arrived pretty quick and was boxed very well. It would have had to fallen out of an airplane to get busted up (I do exaggerate a bit). Nothing screamed at me that it was poorly put together or packed.

After installing it a few months later, the only problem I had with it was in one direction a turn signal would not cancel. I do remember asking him what could be the problem and how to "adjust or fix it". I did not get anything helpful at all from him. He did reply to my PMs but no real help was provided. It was like "why are you bothering me?" I eventually got it working after taking the wheel off and watching what the mechanism was doing (or actually not doing) and adjusting it and was happy to move on.

Now fast forward to today, I now have a new problem: when I am braking (brake on) and I turn on the right turn signal my fuse blows that drives the Brake/Running/Dash/Dome lights. The worst part, I am not sure how long I been driving with no brake lights (I hardly drive at night).

So I try to see if Randy500 can help me at all but he is banned.... I feel a bit lost now.

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 11:48 AM   #19
Rickysnickers

You might want to talk to Vette over on the electrical side and see if he can help you with that issue.
Rickysnickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 12:05 PM   #20
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Thank you Rickysnickers - I did start a thread because I was so confused at first, I thought for sure I did something silly myself. Right now I have it stabilized but no telling how long that will last. I do for see pulling the wheel and the signal mech out in my (hopefully distant) future.

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 12:56 AM   #21
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
If it wouldn't have been for his "door assembly" thread I would have never got my doors back together. I will admit though I never bought anything from him, or dealt with him on any matter.

Gary

My 1972 GMC 1500 Super Custom (Creeping Death) "long term" build thread.

The Rebuild of Creeping Death after the wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I would never rebuild a 305.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I love using vacuum gauges as part of the carb tuning process. I hook the gauge to the inside of my garbage can and leave it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Remember Murphys 2nd law of mechanical relationships... "OPPOSING COMPONENTS ATTEMPTING TO OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE, AT THE SAME TIME, GENERALLY END UP OCCUPYING ADJOINING SPACE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL PAN"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
Its cheaper to listen to advice given when you ask for help than it is to ignore everyone and wait for carnage.
GASoline71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 11:43 PM   #22
bhc41051

I bought a tilt column and a tach dash from him. they were packaged well and arrived in a few days. Both worked perfectly.
bhc41051 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 07:40 AM   #23
A1971Blazer

I bought a rebuilt tilt column from him...I even sent him a cruise switch that he installed for me while he had it apart.
The transaction was smooth with no issues. Talked to him on the phone several times.
I thought he was a stand up guy...I guess you never know?
1972 Chevrolet K/5 Blazer
A1971Blazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 02:47 PM   #24
jimijam00

That is really unfortunate. I found him to be really helpful.
jimijam00 is offline   Reply With Quote