The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-27-2011, 02:22 AM   #226
BC Toy chest

Re: My Pro Street '56 GMC Pick'em Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65Pickup View Post
.....That Yellow truck is haunting you...weird how things work!

HAHA, that's what I was thinking too when I saw it, I won't be surprised if I see it out here going to the local cruise spots

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=432758
BC Toy chest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 02:31 AM   #227
BC Toy chest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim57 View Post
Nice job on the corners BC.
Kim
Thanks Kim. Your truck aint even done yet and it's off the chain. I saw a truck recently at the Long Beach Motorama attempting to do some of the work you are doing but it was no where nearly nice as yours anybody can throw parts at vehicle but you engineer everything you do, gr8 job.

Old 11-27-2011, 02:34 AM   #228
BC Toy chest

Quote:
Originally Posted by G&R's57GMC View Post
Dang if that tow truck doesn't look like a repo truck.

If it is, the poor guy just lost his ride.
are you kidding? You can tell a repo truck? lol. It had been sitting up at the airport parking lot for a while.

Old 11-27-2011, 02:44 AM   #229
BC Toy chest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabwe View Post
Yeah and you did not tell me thank you until 2 months later after you looked in the bag and seen what I gave you. You had the nerve to call me talking about I did not know you gave me the handles also. Man you are some kind of friend, thats why you are my sometime buddy. What a butthead.lol

Tony's been talking about building a 383 so I told him to come get this engine block thats just sitting in the yard and guess what. He immediately said thank you. He did not wait 2 months.lol

Yeah I said it.
Better late then never I always say

OHHH Tony, tony this and tony that, if you like Tony so much why don't you marry him.

Hey don't tell Tony what I said, he's kool people. Any way I did thank you for the relays the day you gave them to me I just thought the 2 boxes with the handles were hardware what-nots for the relays. When I finally opened the boxes and saw the handles I was surprised so I called your sorry butt to say thank you. I'll be over next week to take some pictures of your truck, thank you in advance, bye.

Old 11-27-2011, 03:00 AM   #230
BC Toy chest

Some kool trucks I came across when I went to South Carolina in Sept '11
When I made it to my first stop WhitePoint Gardens at the Battery in Charleston I spotted a local in his '72 Chevy C10 pick up. Had a nice rumble as it passed.
Attached Images

Old 11-27-2011, 03:21 AM   #231
BC Toy chest

Car show hosted by the LOW COUNTRY TRAVELERS CAR CLUB. The rain put a damper on things didnt stick around long enough to see the rest of the cars make it to the show. The owner of this red '72 is a member on here I lost the info he gave me anybody know where he is on here? It was also in Classic Truck magazine.
Attached Images

Last edited by BC Toy chest; 11-27-2011 at 03:48 AM.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:56 AM   #232
BC Toy chest

Sept '11
Attached Images

Last edited by BC Toy chest; 11-27-2011 at 04:12 AM.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:36 AM   #233
BC Toy chest

Car show hosted by the LOW COUNTRY TRAVELERS CAR CLUB. And interesting GMC fire truck at the North Charleston and American LaFrance Fire Museum.
Attached Images

Last edited by BC Toy chest; 11-28-2011 at 02:54 AM.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:59 AM   #234
BC Toy chest

North Charleston and American LaFrance Fire Museum Sept. 2011
Attached Images

Old 11-28-2011, 04:21 AM   #235
BC Toy chest

A wild '55 Chevy Kustom at the Long Beach Motorama 2011
Attached Images

Last edited by BC Toy chest; 11-28-2011 at 04:31 AM.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:45 PM   #236
lowdownstar
big guy

I love your truck and everything about it! How do you like the ride with all that fat meat out back? I am thinking of going pro-street with my new truck and would love to here more about yours.

Thanks Ray
lowdownstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:42 AM   #237
BC Toy chest

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowdownstar View Post
I love your truck and everything about it! How do you like the ride with all that fat meat out back? I am thinking of going pro-street with my new truck and would love to here more about yours.

Thanks Ray

Thanks for the compliment, believe it or not there are a couple of trucks on here I like way better then mine. Like Chevyrestoguy's '55 build that thing is off the chain Bad Azz.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=247512

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...p?albumid=1183

The rear tires are fine but for me the biggest difference was the steering and handling of the truck with the Mustang II type suspension and that’s what I notice more then the type of rear tires I have. I didn’t like the ride with the straight axle and the wandering steering gear box. So driving it with the IFS made a world of difference. Now on the freeway I got a bit of a rear hop sensation from the tires out back when I had to slow down in a hurry. They are Mickey Thompson Sportsman 31X18.50-15 (bias –ply ,none radial) I have nothing in the bed, but the fuel cell and the wood so it’s lite out back. Those fatties are like ballons I guess. Now I don’t drive my truck in wet weather (no wiper blades either) and living here in SoCal don’t see much wet weather. I would not recommend those tires they have a poor tread design. I know a couple of people that got caught out in the rain in those tires and they said they spun out under minor evasive/ panic maneuvers situations. Also they don’t require a lot of air, the max. recommended PSI is 20psi and I have nothing in the bed so to get even wear across the wideth of the tread I keep the air pressure at about 12 to15psi. The M/ T Sportsman Pro has the same tread design (bias –ply) but has a drag tire compound for serious street/strip action. .My next tires will probably be Mickey Thompson Pro-Street Radial tires or the Hoosier Pro-Street Radial. When I’m done with the truck and take it to the track I’ll just use a friends pair of used slicks but they aren’t as wide and don’t need to be for my particular set up. But for the street those fat pro street tires just have such a kool look, with the right stance and I’m going to bring the truck down a little lower front and back. Here is all the info you need to help you decide what to go with.
http://www.hoosiertire.com/strttire.htm
http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/s...em=SportsmanSR
http://www.jegs.com/i/Coker-Tire/257...oductId=935487

Last edited by BC Toy chest; 11-29-2011 at 01:51 AM.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:24 PM   #238
lowdownstar
big guy

Wow thanks for all that info, that is going to help me big time. I have a ton of work but i am looking forward to it. This truck is a driver and there is nothing i am going to do that is going to make it a show truck. I want it to be fun to drive and easy to drive, so i can take it any where and not worrie about it. I love all the show trucks out here, and all the hard work people have put into them but i am done with the show stuff. that is one of the reasons i love your truck, it looks cool just sitting there in that hot rod red paint and big fat tires with all the chrome. priceless!

thanks again for your help

Ray
Old 11-29-2011, 01:31 PM   #239
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

BCToyBox,

Tell them how you park your truck outside unattended.lol How you leave it in grocery stores parking lot, mall parking lot, or a restaurant parking lot unattended. Tell em BC, I know you personally so don't lie.lol

By the way BC l need to borrow your 56 GMC to move some furniture is that cool?lol

By the way when you bought that air compressor why didn't we use your 56 GMC when we picked it up. After all its just a truck.lol

Last edited by Kabwe; 11-30-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Kabwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:20 PM   #240
65Pickup

sounds like Kabwe knows something no matter how much a driver they are they're like our children, we always have an eye on them. I got paranoid by the level of alley traffic I had when my garage door was up, they want my s*it, I now it!! Almost put an alarm in, then I realized the traffic was probably always there... my presence was the difference. Plus my stuff is s*it, even my tools...but it mine

Wow that was deep man.
65Pickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:50 PM   #241
lowdownstar
big guy

Kabwe you are a Certified Car Nut! i just gave your build thread a once over and man you do some killer work! I really love looking at all the hard work everyone puts into this old trucks, and your right 65 pickup they are like our kids! i wish i live close to you guys i would love to get my hands dirty working on those cool trucks.

Thanks Ray
Old 11-29-2011, 07:04 PM   #242
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
Kabwe you are a Certified Car Nut! i just gave your build thread a once over and man you do some killer work! I really love looking at all the hard work everyone puts into this old trucks, and your right 65 pickup they are like our kids! i wish i live close to you guys i would love to get my hands dirty working on those cool trucks.

Thanks Ray
Thanks man, and yes I'm a complete car nut, but nothing close to BCToyBox, the man bleeds motor oil.lol

BC is one of my closest buddy's and I just thought it was funny when you said in your earlier post "so i can take it any where and not worry about it". That is not happening with this truck, it is no doubt his baby. Don't get me wrong he drives it and has fun with it but there will be no leaving it unattended and he never worries about it because he knows where it is at all times.lol

My wife once asked me why we never go out to dinner in my 55 210. I told her I would if I can see it from where we are sitting. She said its just a car and I said you are just a girl. She understood after that.lol She is special and so is my ride.

Last edited by Kabwe; 11-29-2011 at 07:55 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:43 PM   #243
lowdownstar
big guy

I feel the same way about my cars but it's fun to dream! I just let my wife read what you said to yours and she started laughing and gave me the look, but she knows i love her and she knows i love my hot rods too. Its what makes life worth living, a good wife and a cool truck, i just wish i could get both of them running really good and not have to worrie about either of them! lol

Ray

ps keep those pic's coming from both of you!
Old 11-29-2011, 07:51 PM   #244
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
a good wife and a cool truck, i just wish i could get both of them running really good and not have to worrie about either of them! lol
LOL. Now thats funny.LOL I wish the same man, I wish the same. But I know thats a pipe dream so I will concentrate on the truck.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:55 PM   #245
lowdownstar
big guy

Her and i both could use a good tune up! but your right i am better off working on the truck!!!! lol

Ray
Old 11-29-2011, 08:09 PM   #246
1Bad62Pro/Street
"Where were you in '62?"

Talking Re: My Pro Street '56 GMC Pick'em Up

How do you know if you are a Certified Car Nut?
When you go to a restaurant and you park where you can see it from the window.
Do a 50 point inspection before you drive it.
At the car show you spend 2 hours cleaning and detailing it.
You want leave it alone at a car show.
When you drive home you spend an hour cleaning it before you cover it up.
When you are driving it you listen for sounds.... check the gauges....
Listen to it while it is idleing....
When you get out of your truck. Lock the door and walk away..... Stop.... Turn back around to look at it.... Smile..... Then keep walking.

I am so not like that.....
That's childish!

What Are You Workin' On? - 1Bad62ChevyPickup
PROJECT: "TYRANNORAMBLER REX"
1969 AMC Rambler American Nostalgia Pro/Street
Youtube Channel: Father Son Projects
Youtube Channel: 2TIMOTHY2FITHTEEN

"North and South Carolina Folks Click Here!"
(((( ~ I have Parts For Sale & Miscellaneous Stuff ~ ))))

"Well being as there's no other place around the place,
I reckon this must be the place, I reckon...Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk" -Curly Howard Ph.D.
1Bad62Pro/Street is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:27 PM   #247
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

But a real car nut does not take it to car shows because he knows he will be too busy looking at cars.lol
Plus he only goes to car shows to get ideas or to see what he would like to build next.lol

Last edited by Kabwe; 11-29-2011 at 08:46 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:08 PM   #248
65Pickup

Quote:
But a real car nut does not take it to car shows because he knows he will be too busy looking at cars.lol
Plus he only goes to car shows to get ideas or to see what he would like to build next.lol
That's funny...the last 1/2 dozen years I've attended shows with a ride, yet I look at less cars. Now its just getting ideas and rods I want.
65Pickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:49 PM   #249
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Bad62Pro/Street View Post
I am so not like that.....
That's childish!

Yeah and you are not in LA the car nut capital so that may have something to do with it. My cousin was at a restaurant in his 1964 chevy and a woman came running in yelling someone is stealing a car and my cousin ran out and saw the guy turning the corner in a car he worked very hard to build. Car gone lesson learned.

A friend of mine took his car to a show and walked away to look at cars and when he came back a guy was sitting in the passenger seat and had his kid in the driver seat playing speed racer. Man my buddy blew his top it was bad. The guy did not understand why my buddy was mad. It seems respecting other people property is a thing of the past.

Another friend just had his 56 truck painted and took his daughter to the mall and when he came out someone had keyed his truck just to be evil.

There is a guy on this forum that said they stole his project. Took it out his drive way while his wife was home and she did not hear a thing that's how fast and slick they were.

Man I grew up in the LA car culture and can't nobody tell me nothing is childish about taking care of my s*it, I know nobody else is going to take care of it but me.

If I need to leave a car unattended that's what my new cars are for. I could less about them they are easily replaced.

So I will be childish and still have my car thank you very much.

Last edited by Kabwe; 11-30-2011 at 01:03 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:01 PM   #250
candyx

Quote:
Yeah and you are not in LA the car nut capital so that may have something to do with it. My cousin was at a restaurant in is 1964 chevy and a woman came running in yelling someone is stealing a car and my cousin ran out and saw the guy turning the corner in a car he worked very hard to build. Car gone lesson learned.

A friend of mine took his car to a show and walked away to look at cars and when he came back a guy was sitting in the passenger seat and had his kid in the driver seat play speed racer. Man my buddy blew his top it was bad. The guy did not understand why my buddy was mad. It seems respecting other people property is a thing of the past.

Another friend friend just had his 56 truck painted and took his daughter to the mall and when he came out someone had keyed his truck just to be evil.

There is a guy on this forum that said they stole his project. Took it out his drive way while his wife was home.

Man I grew up in the LA car culture and can't nobody tell me nothing is childish about taking care of my s*it, nobody else is going to but me.

So I will be childish and still have my car thank you very much.
Kabwe

Send your 55 210 to me and i'll make sure no one messes with it,i'll even put a coat of wax on it!!!

Did you ever post a picture of the dash board in your 210 on here?
candyx is offline   Reply With Quote