The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-04-2021, 11:38 AM   #51
1slo64

Re: I bounced a check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich84 View Post
Isn't the 4.6 the one that spits the spark plugs out? I think I have a special Ford broken spark plug removal tool in my drawer somewhere. If anyone needs it. No use to me. LOL
4.6 2v and the 5.4 could if you didn't torque them to specs, the 4.6 3v had the 2 piece plugs that were known for breaking off.
Old 08-04-2021, 12:22 PM   #52
57taskforce
All about them K’s

Yep that would be the one. Makes for a long day when the plugs break off when you go to remove them. Those 4.6’s are expensive to get more power out of too. Gm got there shiz right with cheap ole small block and the cheap ole Ls stuff.
‘69 K10 SWB http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=805206
'98 Silverado LT K2500HD ECLB Vortec 454/4l80E: 6" lift 315/75/16's
‘87 IROC-Z all original 50K mile survivor TPI 305 IROC Blue
‘10 Camaro 2SS/RS Aqua Blue Metallic #93 -version 2.0
57taskforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 02:36 PM   #53
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

Those little 2 seater sports cars turned into land yachts over the years, then shrank and got square in the 80s. The return to tiny in the 00s was a shock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
As for reading directions...
The directions are nothing but another man's opinion.
Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bad planning on your part does not necessarily constitute an instant emergency on my part....

The great thing about being a pessimist is that you are either pleasantly surprised or right.
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 05:31 PM   #54
Low Elco

5.4's REALLY pop 'em off. A friend in the salvage business says the LAST engine he'd ever have in a truck is a 5.4.
Low Elco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 10:19 PM   #55
67 twins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
5.4's REALLY pop 'em off. A friend in the salvage business says the LAST engine he'd ever have in a truck is a 5.4.
Hmm have 212,000 on mine never had an issue with the engine.
72 C1500 Sierra Grande 350 TH350 longbed fleetside=wife's fair weather truck
Can you tell we are fans of longbed fleetsides & 67s
Chris
67 twins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 11:38 AM   #56
Rich84

It was the 3 valve. I think it was around 240000 miles.
Rich84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 06:04 PM   #57
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
took my driver's license test in my dad's 1977 olds 98, same color as this one..
I took mine in a boat, too. Noo prroblemo . It was my uncle's '71 Plymouth Fury III

Green like this
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 06:37 PM   #58
LONGHAIR

Me too. I took my test in my dad's '77 Malibu station wagon, but most of the driving I did before the test was in mom's '70 Maverick. It was an underpowered little turd with a 6cyl and 3 on tree.

These kids now-a-days would lose their minds over learning to drive while learning a stick shift at the same time. To be fair, I did drive some farm equipment, (trucks/tractors) for a while before the test for actual road driving, but they were totally different from that gutless wonder of a Maverick.

Quote:
Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bad planning on your part does not necessarily constitute an instant emergency on my part....

The great thing about being a pessimist is that you are either pleasantly surprised or right.
Old 08-05-2021, 07:55 PM   #59
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I took mine in a boat, too. Noo prroblemo . It was my uncle's '71 Plymouth Fury III

Green like this
USS Plymouth!

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 01:53 AM   #60
franken

Sorry, but don't write checks that won't cash. Fill in the blanks.
franken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 05:09 AM   #61
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
Me too. I took my test in my dad's '77 Malibu station wagon, but most of the driving I did before the test was in mom's '70 Maverick. It was an underpowered little turd with a 6cyl and 3 on tree.

These kids now-a-days would lose their minds over learning to drive while learning a stick shift at the same time. To be fair, I did drive some farm equipment, (trucks/tractors) for a while before the test for actual road driving, but they were totally different from that gutless wonder of a Maverick.
Me too. I lived on a farm and learned to drive a VW when I was 8. I never drove an automatic until drivers ed. I had operated tractors and driven farm trucks for years before taking drivers ed. That was in a '71 Chevelle. I remember the instructor scolding me for grabbing the inside top of the steering wheel to turn hard, "don't grab the wheel like that. You're not driving a farm truck". He also commented, "You drive like you've been doing this a while". I said, "I've had a lot of practice on the farm"

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 08-06-2021, 12:09 PM   #62
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

I learned to drive a stick in my brothers 71 Roadrunner with a 340 and a 4 speed. It was intimidating for a 16 year old kid. Especially with my big brother threatening to beat my azz if I messed up his car. (No pressure at all ) But I did fine.

When I bought my first motorcycle A 71 RD200 for 100 bucks. I had no idea how to ride it. I had to ask the guy I bought it from "How do you ride this thing?' He thought I was kidding but I wasn't. The only bike I had ever ridden was a Honda 90 with an automatic. But I did fine on that too until I ran out of gas 5 minutes later. (no gas gauge). Looking back the guy should have told me that the bike needed gas. I only made it about a half a mile before I was pushing it. Lesson learned. I never ran out of gas again.

When I was in school they still had drivers education class. There was a girl in my class that was scared to death to drive. She was kind of a PITA because she was always holding up the show with her nonsense.

So the day came that we had to drive on the freeway. Everybody did fine and then it was her turn. She looked very determined and took the wheel and as we sped down the on ramp a suicidal kamikaze bird smashed into the windshield right in front of her.SPLAT!. She freaked out. She took her hands off the wheel and covered her face and screamed. The instructor had to grab the wheel and pull over and clear the dead bird off the cowl.
I remember thinking of all the people in the world. It had to be her. i was just driving that car a few minutes earlier and if that happened to me I would have just turned on the wipers and kept going.

Poor thing. She was really shook up. But she did get her license.And if anyone deserved it she did.She worked hard to overcome her fear.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 05:37 PM   #63
LONGHAIR

They had drivers ed in my school too, but very few people actually did it, because it took way too long. There was a local company just down the street that most of us went to.
It was set-up to have one instructor and three kids in the car, swapping around to get our "hours", but they figure out real quick which ones are the farm experienced ones and which are the nervous types.

We wondered way off the original topic.....lol

Quote:

Old 08-06-2021, 06:06 PM   #64
special-K
Special Order

There was one private drivers ed outfit, but everyone took it at school. You got it over with before you were eligible to drive. We had a the classes during school. I got to be in class with girls I had no classes with. It was great!

For the driving part I had coach Seibert, the football coach. It was on Saturday and he'd just have me run him around to do his errands. Out on I-70 (hardly another vehicle on there) he'd drift off into a nap every time. One time I slowed it down then stomped on it back up to 70 when he jumped up and glared at the speedo. He looked at me all confused and half asleep, I looked back like nothing happened. Nothing happened

Tim

Old 08-06-2021, 06:28 PM   #65
Killer Bee

driver's ed was 1 semester opposite health class

birthdate dictated which semester you got
Old 08-06-2021, 08:04 PM   #66
Boog
laying low

Longhair:
We wondered way off the original topic.....lol

Me: That's what we do.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 08:14 PM   #67
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Speaking of bounced checks...I transferred to a different department at my last company, and they required a lot of travel. I would deposit the per diem checks in our regular checking account and pay for the rental car and so forth out of it. My wife saw all that money in there and started spending it before I paid those bills! So I got a "Travel" account that was only to be used for the travel stuff. She found the checks (not where the regular checks were kept) and burned a bunch more money. I had to go into the Credit Union and sign papers saying that it was not intentional (I was the only person on that account, and she should have known better, btw). At least nothing bounced.

Simi Valley, CA
Old 08-06-2021, 08:17 PM   #68
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Chip Foose Tbird

https://www.chipfoose.com/speedbird/

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 09:03 PM   #69
Killer Bee

while I admire and respect his talent, I cringe everytime I see him hack a perfectly solid, complete classic with his 'artistic touch'

much rather he made those modifications to vehicles that were damaged, rusted, or otherwise already unoriginal and leave the well preserved ones alone
Old 08-06-2021, 09:40 PM   #70
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Quote:
driver's ed was 1 semester opposite health class
For some unknown reason, this reminded me of:

1) We had driver's ed but I don't remember anything in particular about it. I passed.

2) We had sex ed, taught by a very embarrassed coach. It was short. Coach asked if anyone had any questions. Nobody did. That was about the extent of sex ed class.
Back then, I think most guys got their sex ed from buddies who were usually accomplished liars.....

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 09:43 PM   #71
Killer Bee

where I grew up, both classes led to the other
Old 08-06-2021, 11:42 PM   #72
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Sex Ed, what a joke. I had the male science teacher do it, and we learned very little. Interestingly enough, my best friend had the female science teacher, and she did a way better job of it. I had driver's ed in the alternating semester from health class, in Grade 10. I got to drive a '66 Dodge Coronet that had an instructor's brake pedal in the front passenger's side. I remember my first drive in that thing. The instructor was using the brake when I was backing up, because he thought that I was going too fast. I used to race a go-kart, but Dorothy in the back seat's eyes were giant when I was backing up. We really weren't going that fast...says the guy who, 5 years later, blew up his Pontiac driving across the Nevada desert at 140+ MPH.

Wow, bounced check drift.

Simi Valley, CA
Old 08-07-2021, 01:12 AM   #73
joedoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
Speaking of bounced checks...I transferred to a different department at my last company, and they required a lot of travel. I would deposit the per diem checks in our regular checking account and pay for the rental car and so forth out of it. My wife saw all that money in there and started spending it before I paid those bills! So I got a "Travel" account that was only to be used for the travel stuff. She found the checks (not where the regular checks were kept) and burned a bunch more money. I had to go into the Credit Union and sign papers saying that it was not intentional (I was the only person on that account, and she should have known better, btw). At least nothing bounced.
good googly moogly, your words have inspired me to take my wife to a nice dinner ASAP because she has never once caused any money problems let alone twice.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 03:27 AM   #74
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

My wife and I have totally separate bank accounts. It works for us. We never argue over money. What's hers is hers and what's mine is mine. We both have total autonomy as how to spend our money. That's why I have a bunch of cars and she has closets full of designer clothes.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 05:54 AM   #75
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
where I grew up, both classes led to the other
Where I grew up they couldn't have both on the same day. There was only one mule

Tim