The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-13-2022, 07:50 AM   #26
special-K
Special Order

Re: Does your truck look better with the tailgate band on, or off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennylava View Post
If it were me, I would pay the one month, or whatever minimum you possibly can and then cancel after you get all the pics back. I would also buy an external hard drive and keep them backed up at my house from now on, just in case.
That's what I plan to do when I have time to snag back all the pictures. I just hope that will work. I don't know if they coded the pictures (or whatever) so that they can still control them, add watermarks etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagnabbitt View Post
Depends upon your paint, really nice paint doesn't need trim covering it.

I'm really split on it though, it really just depends upon the truck.
On the one '84 work truck I took the band off when I repainted the truck. The previous owner had Doeskin added to the sides and I went back to all Adobe Gold. I bought the narrow band, but decided to use no band at all and do a desert scene mural to go with the western theme of the truck. This is the only picture that sort of shows it
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 01:06 PM   #27
bennylava

Re: Does your truck look better with the tailgate band on, or off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
That's what I plan to do when I have time to snag back all the pictures. I just hope that will work. I don't know if they coded the pictures (or whatever) so that they can still control them, add watermarks etc.

On the one '84 work truck I took the band off when I repainted the truck. The previous owner had Doeskin added to the sides and I went back to all Adobe Gold. I bought the narrow band, but decided to use no band at all and do a desert scene mural to go with the western theme of the truck. This is the only picture that sort of shows it
Hmm is there any disadvantage to living on a hill?
bennylava is offline   Reply With Quote