The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2009, 09:46 PM   #1
LooseCannon

Talking Bagged 05 Suburban

I purchased this burb in Feb due to my expanding family (3rd boy is due in August). A Tahoe or Yukon was my first choice but decided they didn’t offer enough room for our needs: 3 kids, 2 adults, wheelchair (I’m paraplegic), 90lb Rottie, luggage/cargo/misc, so I settled on a Suburban.

The decision to install air ride was out of necessity more than anything, though I do like the looks of just about anything on the ground. I need the vehicle low in order to transfer in and out but also want a nice, comfortable ride so I opted for Air Ride Technologies CoolRide for the rear, ShockWaves for the front, and LevelPro BIG RED MAX for air management.

I work slow and thorough (this is my first air ride install) so my goal is to have the four corners bagged by the end of the 3 day weekend; today I took off work to get started on the install. I didn't make as much progress as I expected but progress non the less.

I managed to get it on jack stands, remove the torsion bars, front shocks, trimmed the corner of the bump stop bracket and completely removed the bump stop cup from the drivers front. Wrapped the day up with installing the drivers front ShockWave.

Here's how it looked when purchased. It's a VERY clean 05 - 29,000 miles, only 1 previous owner, leather, front buckets, bose audio, etc..

How I left things today...

More progress tomorrow!
LooseCannon is offline   Reply With Quote