The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board > 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2016, 12:47 PM   #1
HeloCrewChief

1972 Highlander (Forum Truck)

Hey guys. I've added yet another project to the stables. The first two pictures are what it looked like when I purchased it. I have way too much going on right now but, figured I might as well pile a little more on. For the sake of getting this somewhat done in a reasonable amount of time I will be performing a mild frame on restoration on this Blazer. Plans call for

-Fresh paint in the original olive color inside and out minus the dash and firewall
-All new trim and weatherstripping
-New inner fenders
-Repair minor rust that is left on the doors
-Pull engine out of for detailing and minor refresh
-2" lift and wire wheel/detail chassis
-red head steering box
-rebuilt tilt steering column
- new tires
-New windshield and glass in top

Other than that the seats have been redone in their original highlander appearance (truckseats). Transmission and bulk of the rust repair was done by the previous owner. I call this the truck forum as forum member, praisegeetarman texted me at about 6:30am when the Blazer popped up for sale on the forum. He said if I didn't buy it, he would. I oddly enough purchase another project truck off the forum from praisegeetarman a few years back and that's how we met. Anyway, before I was halfway through my first cup of coffee I was on the phone making a deal with the owner johnbasler and secured a deal that morning.

I anxiously waited for the Blazer to arrive and pretty much had a game plan in mind for when it arrived. The blazer has a sticky lifter or worn cam lobe so, I will lip it along for now while its at the body shop and then pull the engine out for a mild rebuild detail this winter when I get it back. I stripped every piece of trim. weather stripping, emblem, inner fender and loaded her up to take to my paint guy. This should be a fairly easy one for him and he will only be correcting a few minor details before paint.

Overall I'm stoked to have such an original 72 Highlander with A/C. Really hope not to go to hog wild on it and have it read to cruise by next summer.

Here is my other long term build that takes up my other time:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...light=nailhead
Attached Images

1968 Chevelle
1964 Comet Caliente
1990 W250 Cummins
HeloCrewChief is offline   Reply With Quote