The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-13-2017, 11:16 PM   #1
87chevy.com
BMW & ASE Master Certified

Camaro/corvette waterpump to stock 73-87 upper radiator hose

Is there a stock off the shelf upper radiator hose that will work without splicing 2 hoses? Im not concerned with trimming to fit, just rather not buy 2 hoses and spice if possible. I also dont want the universal hose on the truck either. The truck type waterpump upper hose is simple, but isn't an option and everyone's uncle knows a stock truck upper rad hose fits just fine.
Thanks

New project: 2006 BMW x5 6cyl AWD to L83 6l80e 4wd to 2WD / RWD

A poor man buy's it twice

finally got my domain name back, 87chevy.com.... site rework in progress
87chevy.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 09:07 AM   #2
homemade87

Re: Camaro/corvette waterpump to stock 73-87 upper radiator hose

I too had the same problem as you . I wound up bending a cloths hanger to the shape I needed and went thru nearly every hose at my local parts store . I did find one to work for me . I did have to use a rubber reducer on the water pump . Most things that worked was too big for the pump . In the end it worked out good . I too have the corvette acc .

Unfortunately this would not help you because I put it in a 67 camaro and the lenght would be different . But it is an option to find one at the local part store like I had to . My parts store was pretty accommodating .

I hope someone has found one with a part number . I do plan on doing the same thing in the future and can use the info as well .
homemade87 is offline   Reply With Quote