The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-30-2011, 09:12 AM   #1
mustang51p

56 Chevy to Blazer Chassis Brackets

I have been looking quite a bit to see if there is anyplace that has the brackets to put a TF cab onto a Blazer/Chevy truck frame. And with the amount of people doing it, I figured that surely there would be someone selling the 4 inch cab lift brackets. Am I not getting something? Does anyone have a drawing, template, detailed photos, measurements, anything? From everything I have read, 4 inches with the 1 inch cab mount bushing, is just about perfect. I have been gathering parts and have a CPP 30 inch column, and a TJ steering shaft. Getting the CPP firewall booster mount will be next. Logically, I am kind of going about the build somewhat backwards, and the sooner the cab is on the chassis, the better everything else will be. If you have any advice, tricks, or things to look out for, I would really appreciate it. I have gotten so many great ideas from looking at all of your posts and hope to incorporate a great many in my build.
Thanks
Sean
mustang51p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:49 AM   #2
MrTucker

Re: 56 Chevy to Blazer Chassis Brackets

I have yet to see anyone do this, much less a company that makes the kit. Maybe you're thinking of people putting '47-55.1's on S10s - there are 2 companies that I know of that make the kit and a ton of people doing that swap. But NOT the one you're looking for
MrTucker is offline   Reply With Quote