The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-24-2021, 09:01 PM   #1
taclem

Wiper Motor Wiring

My previous wiper motor burnt up and along with it a lot of wiring. No fuse blew until a bunch went to ground. Anyway almost all is replaced except for the wiring for the wiper motor. I bought a reman. motor but can't figure the wiring. I am going to use just a single speed or what ever is the easiest. What would help would be for someone to tell me where to hook the wirer from the switch, the hot I imagine and where the ground goes. see photo. Thanks in advance gang, I have gotten a lot of good ideas and answers to many questions over the years. Thanks to all.
Attached Images

taclem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 01:41 AM   #2
val1gonzales

Re: Wiper Motor Wiring

Maybe this helps.
Attached Images

Last edited by val1gonzales; 09-25-2021 at 02:00 AM.
val1gonzales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 12:26 PM   #3
taclem

Re: Wiper Motor Wiring

Thanks Val for your response to my post. I followed your post and found out I now understand the wiring. Switching ground wires was one of the problems. My wiper motor was only jammed up inside and after I ordered a new one was able to use Channel Locks to free it. When I took the wiper arms off the transmissions almost half of the knurled ends were also gone, so new wiper linkage was ordered and installed. My switch also turned out to be bad also, I will replace that at a later date. My wipers are again working and now the park position works with the rebuilt wiper motor. Thanks, the solution you posted was fantastic and once again shows that this forum and it's members are priceless

taclem.
taclem is offline   Reply With Quote