The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-10-2005, 01:39 AM   #1
V-6 Fix

Back from the Dipping co. :)

We went this morning to pick up the cab and all is well Metal Pro did an outstanding job on the cab and hood. I just got home from priming both parts so she won't rust.

I posted the pictures in my webshots album, look in the "Cab Dipping" one.

http://community.webshots.com/user/jbgroby

Jake
V-6 Fix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 10:31 PM   #2
624whldr
drive it not trailer it

Could you possibly help me

i need some measurements for my 62 4x4 cab that way out of shape, all measurements are from the doos gasket areas, first at the elevation from the lower door hindge straight back inside of lip to inside of lip. thats the first one , the second is from the right to left side straight accross the floor piller to piller inside to inside of the door gasket lips at the center of the lower door hindge. the 3rd would be from the center of the lowest of the lower door hinge bolts to the top outer edge of the rocker panel, this edge would be the top of the rocker that you d see when the door is shut. the 4th is from the back of the rocker same lip to the door stricker bottom. the 5 th would be from the bottome of the dash,center of the glove box straight down to the floor pan plus ro minus 3/8 would be good enough for this one, all the other i need as close as possible .Thanks Ed
here my email addy edneed20@comcast.net
Awsome cab youve got to start with im jelous as hell, if you dipped mine they make me clean out there tank!!!!!

Last edited by 624whldr; 08-10-2005 at 10:34 PM.
624whldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 10:49 PM   #3
Iron-Butt
454 club

The cab and hood looks great? How much did it cost? Do you have do do the soda first?
1963 Chevrolet C-10 6 Cyl automatic with dual exhaust, pb, ps and 17's.
R.I.P "I will miss you.
1967 Chevrolet C-10 6 Cyl Custom lwb
1939 Chevrolet Coupe, 350 v8 automatic.
1935 Chevrolet 2 Dr Standard in the works.
2015 Harley Davidson Street Glide.
2023 Chevrolet Stingray Z51 Convertible.

I never want to grow up.
Iron-Butt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 11:44 PM   #4
V-6 Fix

IronButt,

No you don't need to soda blast before dipping. I had the cab soda blasted to the tune of $300.00. The owner knew my brother and gave me a good break. My friend was supposed to wash the cab down and prime it the weekend we got it back. He sat on his ass and did not do it. The reasons I did not feel like I was supposed to go over to his place and hold his hand was because I bought a 220 volt heavy duty belt driven compressor for his shop and EXPECTED him to work if off in trading work for the compressor. So much for that, I haven't talked to him since, Oh I just hope his has the nerve to ask for something!

The company is Metal-Pro in Jackson, MS. and the cost for the cab and hood was $565.00 if you have a tax ID #, they will waive the tax.

Jake
V-6 Fix is offline   Reply With Quote